Oil change intervals

REY90

Mar 21, 2012
Houston
I'm curious to see if some of you guys wait until Oil Life is low on the DIC. I usually change the oil when it gets to 50%.

5,000mi. with Amsoil. No matter what vehicle, its too cheap to NOT do atleast every 5k. Cost to fill up gas tank = ~$75 for ~325mi, Cost to change oil/filter $26 for 5k mi. No brainer to me. I change out the oil filter at 2,500mi and the oil still comes out looking fine as well, light brown tint. DLC is usually between 30-40%.

I just hate that I lose at least a quart, if not more in between oil changes. I've never ran mine down passed 25%, and only changed it 2 times since owning it. I am switching over to amsoil this next change. Probably this week since my shit is low again.

i change it when the light comes on, lol

if you actually research it, they put a lot of time and money into the R&D of the oil percentage light/guage. ill change it when it says to change it.

This.

Or, being away for school, if I'm home and I know it will come on within 500ish miles, I'll change it. When the light comes on it is usually around 4500-5000 miles.