Oil change intervals

i lose 0 oil in my oil changed which generally are around 6-7500 miles.

Same (in 5k), then again I top it off midway through when I change the filter.

Jared - the oil consumption isnt a major issue in NBS motors like it is with the NNBS...there could be alot of things that cause it. Next time you change it, try this: Run some fuel injector cleaner through the oil for about 5 minutes (or enough to get the engine plenty warm) RIGHT before you change the oil. Then drop the oil, change the filter, and add a half quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer before adding 5.5qts of the amsoil. Then watch your oil consumption. Thats a hella oil/engine flush, it might set ya straight.

3k in sierra
5k in silvy

Simply bc i run the fuck out of the sierra
Both burn about half quart
Mobile 1 full synthetic
If your having problems with consumtion look into a catch can.
And imo my new motor will only see royal purple fluids

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

28468926.jpg

3k in sierra
5k in silvy

Simply bc i run the fuck out of the sierra
Both burn about half quart
Mobile 1 full synthetic
If your having problems with consumtion look into a catch can.
And imo my new motor will only see royal purple fluids

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

My sierra not worried its 09 and under warranty. Let them fix it all then tune to delete the shit

Sent from my my iPhone 4S

I haz no working oil pressure gauge.. But right before i changed it last weekend, when id get on it "low oil pressure would blink" but i also drive the fuck out of it. Prolly why the tranny blew in the first 20k i owned it ha

I always rely on the dic oil light in my 02 sierra. then end up going another 500 miles past it before I have time to change the oil. I usually get 3-4000 out of it because I do a lot of city driving. And my truck doesn't use much oil from the pcv system.

Just changed mine finally, lol...the first time I have ever done it in this truck, last two times I was too busy and dropped it off. Now I got amsoil in it

Gm says the 1000 mile thing basically to keep from paying out so many claims. Think of that logic...your average person doesnt change oil bit every 5-6k miles. Thats 5qt low per oil cycle (granted your warning light would come on first), but under normal circumstances that woukd be absurd. Soccer moms would go through motors every 15k miles. Its not normal, its creative wording in owners manuals and warranty books to ssve the company money. We dealt with this with several new trucks/suvs during my time at gm and the vehicle owners did NOT buy into the whole normal oil consumption thing. 1qt per 3k miles would be somewhat acceptable.