Police Tahoe Wheels

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
Lowering my nnbs soon. Need a different look for the wheels which are currently W/T steelies. I really like the look of the police Tahoe wheels that are black with chrome center caps. I know they are different wheels from what I currently have.

After much research on google and not being able to read the thread in GMFS, im stumped on ideas for making this happen. Is there any way I can replicate these with my current steelies?

I can't remember if the chrome center caps bolt on from the back or just snap over the lug nuts, if they just snap over, purchase center caps, paint rims black, voila

represent nigga

I remember from the GMFS thread that they are bolt on and I'd have to rig it up to fit, I don't have a problem with doing all that, I just wanted specifics.

so center the caps, drill to match, tap the holes, bolt them on, its worth a try

you'll have the investment of the center caps, but if it doesn't work, then you can save up and get the correct wheels

True but id hate to potentially ruin my current wheels if major modification is needed and it doesn't work.

They are stupid expensive from factory...

Powder your rims black and leave centercap chrome? Whats the problem?
Just a slightly diff design
SSPX0062.jpg

tahoe.jpg

Last edited:
I have a set of 4 stamped wheels like on the rcsb that you can have just cover shipping and they are yours. I will get you pics later today, they are black and take offs I got with my tires, they have 2 miles on them from the assembly line.

Police ones look better and my caps are gray along with my gray wheels.

What does gray have to do with it? Paint/powder wheels black and find chrome caps...the design really isnt that different once its black you hardly will be able to tell..

The police ones are more flush and don't look like Pacer center caps or have the plastic lug covers.

Im essentially trying to see if anyone knows what's needed to do the mod to my steelies.

But it's not priority at the moment.

I will get some tomorrow. Its not horrible but you can deff tell. It hit directly on my passenger side bumper cap. It pushed it down about 2 inches and pushed it towards the tire about 4 inches. Im not 100% sure how the bumpers on a nnbs are put together so idk if its just a bent bracket or if the whole thing is fucked.

All the police wheels are is the 17" wheels (with chrome caps popped off sandblasted and pc black) or (grey wheels pc black). They come with the chrome cap already. It would be the 03-07c 17" LS wheel. Like this

8dc86e49.jpg

48883727.jpg

8d7854cf.jpg

Just before they were pc'd without caps.

Just steal a set of a cop tahoe.

Most realistic option so far.

As for the deer damage; its not as bad as I saw it in my rage last night. Luckily the bastard didn't skip down the side of the truck like I've had happen before. Will post pics after work.

I was kidding BTW, DNW to see a thread you got busted trying to get them off his truck. :rofl2: