Post the Truck you just cant quit looking at:

wonder why highway partrol needs a vehicle like that...

LE agency with state wide jurisdiction, there SRT needs to have the capability to respond to various situations across the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

san bernadino, Orlando, Hollywood and the like

San Bernadino especially, that fight was taken to the highways... Literally

Because there is no florida state police. Hp are the staties. And staties get called in for riots and shit.

Doesn't cali just have CHP?

Yeah they are state police but there main function is highway patrol because of the county wide law enforcement provided by Sherrifs in conjunction with city departments. The south and the west are like this unlike the NE where State Police rule all. But you are correct they would be called for support in situations.

live from the gutter trash.

Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia don't have hwy patrol, only State Troopers/city/county/parish police. Troopers top all, then parish/county, then city officers.

They might be equal but DO NOT call a Trooper from one of those states a highway patrol officer. They are called Troopers or Staties, their jurisdiction is the entire state not just the highways/interstate.

Plus they kinda get pissy when you call them highway patrol lol.

Last edited:
In Texas the cars say State Trooper on the fender and then Highway Patrol on the door

Love everything about this truck except the tires.

AA2ABDB1-1E83-4698-8641-31F31A7FC7B9_zpscdamawqg.jpeg

Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia don't have hwy patrol, only State Troopers/city/county/parish police. Troopers top all, then parish/county, then city officers.

Just when I wrap my head around the whole county thing you have to throw in that crazy LA parish shit lol

Highway patrol = state trooper, grandpa

Si,si
They might be equal but DO NOT call a Trooper from one of those states a highway patrol officer. They are called Troopers or Staties, their jurisdiction is the entire state not just the highways/interstate.

Reference jmo above post even if they are mainly a highway patrol agency, they are still referred to as troopers. From how it was explained to me with Florida is that troopers mainly stick to the major highways and anytime a call comes in for a domestic, theft/roberry, rape, murder etc. either that county or city agency will respond. That's not to say that troopers won't get involved with that, any crime that touches a roadway or involves someway a road, troopers automatically have jurisdiction. Often times they do get off the highway to go patrol a city.

In Texas the cars say State Trooper on the fender and then Highway Patrol on the door

Same in a lot of states.

live from the gutter trash.

good to know when im there in a few months :secret:

GSPs don't like it too much when you call them God's Special Police either lol

Sent from a dingleberry