Question regarding GM 6.0 Pricing

Chris.G.Jr.

Apr 29, 2012
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Alright im not sure where to post this so if this is the wrong spot someone please move it,
anyway, my 5.7 350 developed a knock and im looking at a 6.0 4l80e swap but first things first, what should a lq9 with 4l80e trans, harness, computer, ac compressor, and all ac parts run me?

im open to an lq4 or lq9 either one, just depends on what pricing would be. I know its not gonna be dirt cheap and im not expecting to only spend 1000 bucks on it but i figured someone could give me a good ballpark figure so i know what to expect and whether or not salvage yards are toying with me or what.

Thanks guys in advanced! Hopefully i can find one and get the project underway....

It varys by area honestly. Yards by me want 1500-2000 for a lq9, and 800-1300 for an lq4.

Use car-part.com to search your local yards and get an idea of what the going rate is. Keep an eye out on Craigslist for wrecked hd trucks and such. Deals can be had, just be patient and have the ability to buy when they pop up.

It varys by area honestly. Yards by me want 1500-2000 for a lq9, and 800-1300 for an lq4.

Use car-part.com to search your local yards and get an idea of what the going rate is. Keep an eye out on Craigslist for wrecked hd trucks and such. Deals can be had, just be patient and have the ability to buy when they pop up.

thanks for the tips! thing is is i cant really be patient bc i kinda need the process to have started yesterday......sucks being truckless

Yeah go inspect it in person if possible. Read up on what heads came on what years, etc.

Stay away from 99-00 6L as they had iron heads. Anything 01+ is what you want. Try to get it as complete as possible, ie harness, pcm from same vehicle as the motor, accessories, etc.

As long as you buy an 01+ 6L it will bolt up to a 60e if ever needed
With that being said a lq9 goes for alot more money then lq4.
The only difference is the lq9 has a tad more CR with flat tops.
Mill your heads on lq4,bam your golden.

Iron heads??
These are iron blocks...
Only heads i see on them are 317 cast which are good heads. Start playing with heads and your pockets better go deep.
317s milled a little are perfect budget build
Or some 243 cast for 3-400 will help your CR out
Both are good.

Expect to spend 1200-2000 on a 6L/80E depending on lq4/lq9 milage etc. Budget another 1000 for swap parts. I'd skip the ac and get Novak adapt brackets and run the 95 style compressor :imo

Yeah see i try to stay away from all those old blocks.Well i did since i didnt plan to run 80e off the bat.

Also the 80e has had changes through the years,with better parts and better cooling etc. 80e out some vans have nice stock converters over truck converters.
Some have bolt on yoke and slip on yokes. But thats easy after pulling the tail housing.

Whats the cast #'s on these iron heads someone?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Dude you really want the LSX427 with some AFR heads with lsxrt,jakes 4l80e with trans break. Lol

Aint nobody got time for 6.0 swaps!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk