Reduced engine power.

D1nman

Mar 27, 2012
West Monroe, LA
2003 silverado 1500 5.3. I've been getting reduced engine power on the DIC, and the only way to fix is to unplug the throttle body plug, and plug it back in. It'll then run fine anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 weeks. I've replaced the TAC box or whatever it is, the whole accelerator assembly, the throttle body, and the throttle body plug. Throwing like 5 different codes one being P1516. Any help is appreciated....

My engine light was on a long time ago for knock sensors.... But It went off and never came back. I cleaned my PCM or whatever and its doing good so far

Dan, if you didn't order a relay harness with your HID's, you didn't get a relay harness.

My truck did this EXACT thing, but it was when the HID's would fire with the AHL's.

If you didn't connect anything to your battery when you did your HID install, you don't have a relay harness.

This is the TRS relay harness: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=3182

EDIT: Looked at their kits again :fp: Looks like they changed some shit around and you do get the harness with their PnP HID systems.

Last edited:
Thank you pat. I do have that, it's bolted beside my battery and ran to battery. Somehow PCM seals worked their way out could this have caused it?

Uhh yeah. If any water got in there it could fuck around with the PCM big time. Di-electric grease and seal her up.

Prawfit.

i'm wondering dan, did you find a fix?

reduced engine power, is spooky and fucking anything can cause it... from what i've read gmfullsize, gm trucks, ptrucks, and other auto forums... it's like a cancer, really

and like i said, my old man replaced his dash cluster, and walla...fixed i think it happened 1 time after that and never came back, compared to happeneing everytime he drove it...

Yes, and yes. And now only happens when has light comes on

Most likely HID's pulling too much power on start up, etc etc. Which causes a voltage drop in the TB causing the system to go into limp mode. With my old Optima that was taking a shit this would happened weekly.