SCG Pro Line Testing/Review

your supposed to put sealant on before wax, it doesnt cling to the wax that well. so durability is lessened

It's the polymer detail spray, my bad. Not actual sealant

i thought that polymer sealant is the stuff you put on after a wash when its wet? so technically you are putting it on top of wax?

Ya it's the same as detail spray. Use after wash to help with drying, with an extra kick of shine/protection

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

:sneaky:

IMG_20140626_093839_zpslnyusquo.jpg

so i was able to get a chance to use a new prototype being worked on by SCG and Dylan

14535383663_11a395054d_b.jpg

I was told to use after polishing before LSP. To remove all oils/dust and anything else on the paint after you polish before you would seal it.

So i got to polishing, i needed to polish off some oxidization anyway so it was perfect timing. I used the SCG pro polish version i was originally sent to do more testing on it.

14511886651_e4ce53aed1_b.jpg

Nice little 50/50 to show you cut and before and after.

Look at the clarity difference

14328630210_4d8878bf8d_b.jpg

Finished polishing and fresh wipe down with the spray

14328671689_5f6a3c4175_b.jpg

It left the paint feeling super clean, not slick and oily like some polishes can leave. This will also show you if your polishing is filling or if its actually corrected. Not to mention ensures your paint is absolutely ready for the LSP.

I also was sent the Hydro Seal tester for the new version and it was white (for the whiners).

I didnt get a pic of it as it applied the same and finished great. I sprayed it with water to show the beading and they were nice and tight beads and all over.

Im also going to apply it in a different way to try it out and report back.

Last edited:
so some people have been a little confused by Hydro-Seal. I can see why, its different to normal at home people who clean their cars regularly. Although the idea is simple, it almost feels like you're doing it wrong. I thought the same thing. Now here is a way to do it while ensuring you're spreading it evenly. I had an issue where i thought the HydroSeal was already gone and it turned out i didn't spray enough on that panel as others were a lot better off than that one. So this to me assured me that i have applied evenly. The process is still very easy and quick. Or if your vehicle isn't wet and you still want to add some extra sealant to the paint for further protection, this way is a good way to do it.

Now i had just rinse free washed mine so its a little different that what others might do prior to applying. Normally you would start off with a clean vehicle, whether you just polished or clayed it, make sure its clean. You can even do this as an in between maintenance type to give it some added protection. Especially because it takes very little time.

First you take your bucket, fill it up just barely above the grit guard. About an 1/8".

14522130865_f6cf581c4b_b.jpg

you can see were just above the grit guard. Perfect
14499035066_4b3d7a7038_b.jpg

Take your Hydro Seal and give the water a few squirts, make sure you get some product in there.
14335489060_d2712b623d_b.jpg

this was three squirts
14335562018_4a6221d41c_b.jpg

Take a new microfiber applicator or whatever you use to apply a wax type product or sealant. throw it in the bucket, press down on to the grit guard so it'll soak up a little but you don't want it fully soaked as you don't need to drench your car.

14522133295_45638b6d86_b.jpg

Once pressed down and you can tell some of it soaked in, ring it lightly to let out some excess water/HS mix. Once again you don't want this dripping/soggy.

Apply to your clean paint like you would a wax

14499037376_1bc5b676c8_b.jpg

Once you've got the whole panel covered you can buff off with a clean MF towel.

14335538799_8e0b340c20_b.jpg

And thats it! You just applied Hydro-Seal without soaking your car. Now sit back enjoy the shine and finish the rest of the car!

14335539819_a300917403_b.jpg

14335493520_665ea2bb75_b.jpg

Hope that clears up some "issues" there was with applying hydro seal. I love this product a lot. Mainly because its ability to apply in multiple situations and its pretty durable from a water activated standpoint. Very nicely done Dylan and SCG.

Today I was able to test out the SCGPro all in one polish. This little bottle packed a huge punch. I took my dads NNBS which was corrected not too long ago. So this was a good testing surface as my dad washes with a brush.

Before:
14858031426_8258ca1304_b.jpg

I used 4 droplets of the AIO polish. Speed 4 on my flex and a medium grade polish pad. I did one single quick pass. No dust (truck was dirty) on the hood as you can see. I used the prototype peep spray before and after polishing to see if there was any hidden filler. There was no difference after which I liked. Nobody likes a filler product to hide lack of cut. That was not the case. I found this AIO to have a minty somewhat big league chew smell which I loved. It was a minty blue color as well. The work time was perfect, not too short like some and not overly long where you continually have to take passes just to get it to flash. I was very impressed by the cut and finish of this product. It can easily be used as a single step and seal after. Which I probably will after I pick some up this weekend at the show. I highly recommend it.

After
14877976511_449d9a0988_b.jpg

Its not 100% correct but its a one pass, one step on a pretty haggard clear as you saw before. I was blown away at the difference and so was my friends who were over. Added depth, gloss and corrected the finish.