SCG Pro Line Testing/Review

lol not worth spending 100 bucks on new shit that comes out every year when compounds get used maybe once every 1 years.

how does it compare to shine supplies polish?

i think they're in totally different categories. Shine supply is a strict cut polish. This is an all in one. It wont have the extreme cut that shine supply has but also this will easily 80-90% correct your paint and FAST. No need to finish polish and no need to do several passes.

Here's one more item I hadn't tested yet. Its the new Acrylic Shield Paint Sealant. First impressions were it smells strong, no color to it. To me it smells like a primer we use for for commercial flooring. Its a little strong but to me it makes me feel like I'm applying something substantial. I applied by hand for this test but it can easily be applied by machine if you'd desire. Some will notice this fender from other tests I've done. I started off with spraying the fender down with the prototype prep spray you've seen me use. I wanted to make sure the fender was 100% ready to accept a new LSP. Once the fender was ready I took a brand new application pad and gave it a light mist with some detail spray. I applied this like a wax and it spread out quite easily. Felt very wax like when applying which I like, time is money.

14836971349_153fc6f43c_b.jpg

Applied to paint

15000705256_51d48a9933_b.jpg

I let it sit for about 10 min and it was a hot 95* day on black paint. I wanted to give it a real test of removal. I literally just swiped and it removed with extreme ease. I was actually shocked. I figured I'd have to give a little pressure or at least with the heat it would harden. It didn't do any of that. Was really impressed with how quick, dust free and easily it removed. It left a great shine and I think it added a ton of depth to the black.

14837179747_edf485af2b_b.jpg

Gave it a quick mist to see the beading properties. Was really starting to sheet off because its a fender, and gravity .... So I took this one pretty quick. I'll take that beading any day.

14837183507_83cd5ed4a9_b.jpg

This stuff will be available this Friday I'm told. I know I'm picking up a bottle.

This is designed to just run with no wax on top correct? Just trying to get my understandings of some of these new sealants coming out b

This is designed to just run with no wax on top correct? Just trying to get my understandings of some of these new sealants coming out b

You certainly can layer a wax over it if you want, but my goal from the outset of this product design was to bridge the gap between the longevity of a sealant and the gloss/depth of a wax - this product is not only the most durable formula I've ever worked with it uses optical grade polymers, clarifiers, and acrylics so it has the looks to go with the longevity. You guys will love this stuff.

I like application via machine best b/c it lays it down more evenly, but of course it can be applied by hand if you want to go that way.

You certainly can layer a wax over it if you want, but my goal from the outset of this product design was to bridge the gap between the longevity of a sealant and the gloss/depth of a wax - this product is not only the most durable formula I've ever worked with it uses optical grade polymers, clarifiers, and acrylics so it has the looks to go with the longevity. You guys will love this stuff.

I like application via machine best b/c it lays it down more evenly, but of course it can be applied by hand if you want to go that way.

good info :thumbsup:

got some other product to use but ill have to keep this in my wishlist. will come in handy for summers wanting extra pop and have to run sealant for durability in the winter yucky months

The gap between waxes and sealants is getting smaller and smaller in terms of looks, and not just with us. There are some sealants out there that really impart some nice depth and gloss on a corrected paintjob. At the rate things are going there are fewer and fewer excuses to use wax other than you just like the application better.

used the active wheel cleaner the other night, worked well. will have to use now that i have tons of brake dust from the new pads