Scg

how many people actually know what happen to dylan and why he got let go? i can see why the people that know him personally would get affected by this, but all i know him is over the internet. i dont know anything about him personally other then he's very knowledgable about detailing. everyone loved adams when he was there, he left at his own will to scg and everyone loved scg. ill agree that it sounds like they have some shitty business practices but i dont know the whole story. im sure whenever dylan starts with another company, people will follow him there. ill agree he is good at what he does, very knowledgeable and provides good info, but i feel like a lot of guys are just on the dylan band wagon "where ever he goes ill go." just feel like people are taking this a little to much to heart imo.

I have no issues with the products I have. But I have issues with companies that have bad practices. Dylan was great to me when I had problems or questions. Granted only a select few will ever know what exactly happened but it sounds like a shitty situation for him. And for someone who got a brand new product line started.

902f0841397243fd6ecb5dd296c583ab.jpg

Sent from pasta.

SCG hired Dylan to create a new line for professionals and for more than just weekend warriors. Gave him full reign and support on any product he wanted to make to make this new line great. Which he didn't have at previous location. Once created and doing well, scg decided to cut him because of "product not doing as well as expected". Once he was gone they went to the forums and made an announcement he had left but that the line would stay.

From everything I have read and knowledge I have behind the scenes it looks like SCG used DVK to build a great product that they will eventually pump into their retail bottles and kill the ProLine. Let's face it the company lives off of Walmart sales. They just completely used him and threw him away once the dirty work was finished and everything was established and had a following.

And I'm not giving away secrets here either. If you paid attention and did some reading you could have also came to this conclusion. Dylan is also my friend so all my thoughts have been confirmed. Nobody is following a bandwagon and to look down on those that might have is a bit shallow. If supporting a friend is bad, I don't want to be right. I didn't lie in my testing I truly love the product. I was testing them to give an outside view for the weekend detailer. Nothing more nothing less. And if people did blindly follow Dylan from company to company who the fuck cares. That's their prerogative. No one said you can't continue to keep the blinders on.

Last edited:
Completely agree with [MENTION=117]SamCarroll[/MENTION]
[MENTION=384]bagged00[/MENTION] this is what I said on the SCG forum but can apply to what you said here as well. (Copied and pasted from over there)

I, personally, think your view might be mistaken. I also use other said brand because I still have plenty and what I have still works. I also browse that forum for information when I need it. I've not had problems with them as a company but do believe that there are some things they could improve on product wise which brought me here.

However, the reason I don't agree with your view is because I think that everyone has liked the experience they have had with the pro line and actual products but simply don't like the recent "business" practices of SCG and that it isn't a "placebo" effect as you've stated. I, personally, loveeee hydro-seal as well as the soap that foamed great (I have other products I havnt had the chance to use so I can't comment on them) and can't say a bad thing about the products I've actually tried. I think the problem most here see is that, when you "let go" the director of product innovation and the guy whose name was on the letter included with the launch of the line (that was successful enough to crash things) you can't help but ask questions (especially when it comes so abruptly and right after everythinggggg has got set up and running smooth).

Dylan has proved himself as an innovator and when the innovator leaves it makes you wonder if the innovating, pushing the limits, and improving of product will continue. Many tried the pro-line because they knew that Dylan and whomever he worked with wasn't going to not give their 110% when trying to put out a product and as many of us found out they were/are good products.

What it comes down to though is if you disagree with someone's practices you're not going to support them, right? Many people don't like President Obamas (insert politician, group, etc. of your choice) decisions and guess what? They more than likely didn't contribute to his/their campaign either. Same thing is happening here, many don't agree with Tims (or whomever made the decision) recent "business" decisions so regardless of how the product performs many would rather take their money elsewhere and not continue to support the practices of SCG where vague posts and "terms and conditions" have been used to try and band-aid the situation at hand.

When are y'all gonna dig up my posts of when Dylan went to SCG, and I suggested he self employ himself, as I have time and time again, and reap the benefits himself, and say jmo you're right?
those who quoted SCG stating the line didn't perform as SCG had expected lean me towards DVK line once more. SCG is a large company, with large overhead, and I'm sure Dylan's salary there was nothing to shake a stick at, the line may not have contributed to SCG the numbers it needed to succeed, BUT
I bet you, had those numbers went to a DVK company, being a much smaller entity, it would have been a healthy start for his line no doubt, and still could be reaping those rewards.
Self employment is the way to to. 110% of the time. Take a risk, never know what you might get.
And as you can see with the launch of the pro line, I think Dylan has an opportunity to be a heavy hitter and compete in the market.
I have said, and still say a DVK line is in order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I don't think any of us can say with 100% certainty they know everything that happened ... There's always three sides to a story so I take it all with a grain of salt... That being said I buy what Eddeh tells me too :lol:

Lol @ you now backing dvk. You flip flop worse than politicians.

Is the j.mo way

Also I mentioned the same thing j.mo says he said
Sent from my hacked super-nintendo

Dig my posts, you said "why not get on with a large corporation and ride the success along with them"
I've never said Dylan wasn't a good dude, I just never flocked to any company he worked for, with the kool aid.
I can see right through the marketing, but there is no doubt he's good at what he does. And you'll never find a post of me disputing that, or discrediting his work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk