Small lift opinions please

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
I was looking around and saw that Superlift has a 3.5" bracket lift for right at $1100, my question is it really worth that much considering I got F150 keys for $15 and I would end up getting 5100's with either method. If that doesn't get the stance I want I would just throw on a 1.5"bl. I don't wheel my truck, it does seem some minimum maintanence roads/mild wheeling during hunting season, its mild enough my truck handles it fine stock on Goodyear AT/s'. I am just going to run 305/60R18 Cooper STT's because they work decent in mud and snow both. Also since I am a cheap ass then I wouldn't have to regear, have factory 4.10s but would put in either selectable locker or Trutrac. Plans for the truck are to make it a mild adventure style truck, I want to make it more capible than a stock truck but keep it as streetable as possible. Basically I just wanted to know what my options are.

1100 is a bit steep for that amount of lift. The Zone Bl will get you what you want. Idk what your opinion of Rough Country is but I'd consider their 4 inch lift if your heart is set on spending a grand.

personally, a RCX completely decrank i belive runs at about 4.5" looks great...dont hold me to that. Thats what i would do on 33\s

This, cheaper, good angles and 33s without regear

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I didn't really want the increased trac width but I'm not dead set against it, one plus with the RCX kit is they're NTD. I could just throw some spacers in the back and have a little wider overall stance which isn't always a bad thing. How much does it push the front out? What is the difference between the 4" and 6" kit front lift wise?

*edit* Also after reading both sets of instructions I do like that the RCX kit doesn't required welding. Also it says 4.5" of backspacing, could I get away with 5" with an 18" wheel? I want to run either 18x9 gloss black XD Diesels(5" BS) or 18x10 Polished Racline Renegades with (4.75" BS)

Last edited:
Think the NTD pushes out the tires like 1.5" on both sides. It's not that bad. If you get a positive offset wheel it'll help keep the tires tucked more if that's what you want. A rcx NTD decranked on 33s is perfect DD height. The 4" and 6" are the same lift height up front I believe. Just the way the back is lifted is different

Think the NTD pushes out the tires like 1.5" on both sides. It's not that bad. If you get a positive offset wheel it'll help keep the tires tucked more if that's what you want. A rcx NTD decranked on 33s is perfect DD height. The 4" and 6" are the same lift height up front I believe. Just the way the back is lifted is different

i believe the 6in drops the diff a little more IIRC.

my plans are to eventually get a 6in rcx ntd and decrank to 4 in, so i have flat angles.

the gf said she may buy me it for our aniversary. :naughty:

but i currently have mine with ford keys, shocks, and 1.5 bl, on 305's

2012-06-19_19-05-27_747.jpg

Ok well sounds like a 6" NTD decranked is the plan. Next question would 2" rear spacers get the front and rear sitting pretty close, I know from the factory the front is a little wider than the rear.

I want to run Cooper STT's because not very many people run them but those who do seem to love them, 305/60R18 comes out to 32.64x12.09(per Cooper specs) and the 325/60R18 comes out to 33.22x13.3(again per Cooper specs) So now Im think the 325s will look a ton better but how much trimming will be involved on 18x9's with 5" BS(0 Offset)?

I run 1.5" spacers and they're pretty spot on. I'd say that's the smallest you can go before trimming the studs. When at completely decranked and 33s on the NTD I think I was at 44.5 up front. But that was also with a 1.5" body lift and it rode amazing compared to cranked keys

I run 1.5" spacers and they're pretty spot on. I'd say that's the smallest you can go before trimming the studs. When at completely decranked and 33s on the NTD I think I was at 44.5 up front. But that was also with a 1.5" body lift and it rode amazing compared to cranked keys

What shocks were you running? I have heard the the Rough Country shocks live up to there name, Rough.

Right now I'm runnin the shocks that come with the kit, and even though they're crap shocks it still rides better than the cranked keys. I plan to get 5100s here shortly to see what that does for me

Well thanks guys, now I have a plan for it. I will go with the 6" NTD decranked, 18x9 Gloss Black Diesels, 325/60 Cooper STT's, 5100's and a Tru Trac some time. Should look pertty sweet.