Subwoofer and amplifiers explained?

Roubo8895 Roubo8895

Mar 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
I have had an amp and sub in my truck for a few months now. I bought a it off a friend, made a custom box, did all my wiring, and cranked the sub... Got me a blown sub. It's a pioneer RD-W304R. 1300w max, 4ohm SVC. Amp is a pyramid 2000w. Bridgable, I have a stock deck so I have a splitter going from the rear speakers to the input on the amp. I will take pictures tomorrow, but can anyone explain if my set up is okay? I want to learn more about the audio but don't know where to start, thank you in advance!

You're running a LOC? I ran one in my old truck and my amp would get really hot. I think from the fuzzy signal. I advise against running them. Imo they sound horrible as well.

Just buy a cheap head unit.

Too many what's for dat subwhofer. Duh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

your setup will work yes, is it ideal? absolutely not. im going to assume you have the right size wire running to everything, but besides that, you need to look at the rms wattage on your amp and match or exceed the rms power handling of the sub. if you do exceed it, your amp needs to be adjusted so you dont get a clipped signal through the volume range of the head unit. i.e. turn the amp down.

your setup will work yes, is it ideal? absolutely not. im going to assume you have the right size wire running to everything, but besides that, you need to look at the rms wattage on your amp and match or exceed the rms power handling of the sub. if you do exceed it, your amp needs to be adjusted so you dont get a clipped signal through the volume range of the head unit. i.e. turn the amp down.

I'm running 4awg for power and ground, but normal speaker wire from amp to sub. Is there a way to get from a signal from a stock deck too the amp without using a LOC?(what does that stand for btw?)

Ditch the LOC and just get a new HU. You can get a low level pioneer DD for ~$300 if you shop around.

You won't really ever get good sound or performance from a stock HU with no pre-amps. And generally a LOC runs all sound through a system, not just the lows, since its using your door speaker signal.

International standard ISO 7736 defines a standard size for car audio head units and enclosures. The standard was originally established by the German standards body Deutsches Institut für Normung as DIN 75490, and is therefore commonly referred to as the "DIN car radio size". It was adopted as an international standard in 1984.

Head units generally come in either single DIN (180 x 50 mm panel) or double DIN (180 x 100 mm panel) size. The depth is not standardized; as a result, some cars such as the Opel Manta / Ascona have the correct sized front aperture but will accommodate few DIN sized radios other than the original due to the shallow depth; this despite the vehicle being manufactured as late as 1988. The US standard for a DIN radio is 2" x 7" and the Double DIN sized radio is a 4" x 7". Some radios in Japanese Kei cars do not conform to the DIN standard however.

ganked from wikipedia