Swap from 4l60e to 4l80e

like some of yall know i blew my 4l60e, motors a 4.8, plans are headers,cai,tune, maybe cam someday but not anytime soon. worth trying to buy a 4l80e or just rebuild my 4l60e?

A 4l80 will take more power is go ahead and do the swap if you have the funds for it I wish I did when mine went in feb

Depends on how much you find one for I've seen junk yard 80s go for about 700 and you need a new drive shaft harness and a tune

Well i plan on tuning but not till i redo exhaust with headers. Would a servo shift kit and tune be an overkill for the tranny since i wont have many motor mods?

I wouldn't stall untill you cam and and when you do throw a trans cooler on there to be safe but for basic boltons a shift kit and servo should be fine, you could also do a tbss stall a lil bigger stall than stock in our 60s

dudes, i may have skimmed over it to quick, but with a 2wd rcsb do i HAVE to fab a cross member for a 4l80? from a 60e

yeah, my tranny hasnt givin out...yet but i want to be ready ya know, it's my DD

you need to get on your swap, it' fun when its all done!

Yep gimme a couple weeks :D I'm going to be afraid of the tranny exploding though, so all in all a 4l80 swap would be like 3-4k? Including tranny verter and driveshaft?

It all depends how much you find one for I had a buddy find one at a junkyard for his tbss for 300 and got it rebuilt stalled tranny cooler for about 2k