Switchback troubles. left blinker feezing up

There's nothing wrong with it if you know what the difference between metric and standard is

Lol mind you this is the same tool set I've installed stereos with,changed batteries and alternators on the side of the road. Sometimes it is the user haha

I was looking for just a normal 7mm socket. Not some screw driver attachment, wtf is that. The comment was made with beers induced.

Now gtfo and back to thread. Either tomorrow or Tuesday I'll snip the #7 pin on the stock Flasher as a first step, see what happens

i have the Tridon LM487 flasher, remember what yours is? but i got these from bryan, idk how long he had them them or used them, so i doubt they would send me a new pair, but i can try and call whenever i get a chance.

but again, i dont see how it could be just a bulb problem now because with the stock relay and bulbs the driver side still hyper flashes now. seems more of a voltage problem with that socket. but idk shit lol if i clip the #7 pin on the stock relay and try that out..i could always just re-solder it back together & be good as new right?

I broke pin off stock relay. But 99-02 is a lil diff anyways

Broke #7 pin off stock relay.. No dice :ayfkm: now.. With both switchbacks in, they work fine blinking wise with the marker/headlight off.. Once I turn on either/both, the left side freezes up again instantly, while right side is still fine...

And more weird shit..
Driver side bulb in reverse polarity = driver side fully lit & froze (not just half)

Both bulbs reverse polarity: with lights off, nothing is froze, but either blinker sets off 4ways. W/ lights on, both blinkers frozen fully lit

Only passenger reverse: no lights = left blinker working, right fully lit but left still half lit at same time. With lights on = both frozen, left half, right fully

This is all ^^^ with the stock Flasher w/ #7 pin out

Also, would it affect this at all if one strip of white leds is out on one bulb? It shouldn't, but switchbacks seem super sensitive and ass backwards so...
0f2b12fe9ed0836e53b4fcd5c28f0943.jpg

Last edited:
LOL GOT IT! HOLY FUCK. In my many blinker tests and walking around the truck, I noticed my driver taillight main blinker was out. After giving up on the switchbacks, I went to replace the taillight bulb. Bulb itself looked fine, so I swapped the bulbs between sockets. Blinker still was out. Did some wiggling, pulled it back some and it was working.

So I went back and put switchbacks in, led relay is in at this point. AND THEY FUKING WORK YES!11!!!1!

Broke #7 pin off stock relay.. No dice :ayfkm: now.. With both switchbacks in, they work fine blinking wise with the marker/headlight off.. Once I turn on either/both, the left side freezes up again instantly, while right side is still fine...

And more weird shit..
Driver side bulb in reverse polarity = driver side fully lit & froze (not just half)

Both bulbs reverse polarity: with lights off, nothing is froze, but either blinker sets off 4ways. W/ lights on, both blinkers frozen fully lit

Only passenger reverse: no lights = left blinker working, right fully lit but left still half lit at same time. With lights on = both frozen, left half, right fully

This is all ^^^ with the stock Flasher w/ #7 pin out

Also, would it affect this at all if one strip of white leds is out on one bulb? It shouldn't, but switchbacks seem super sensitive and ass backwards so...
0f2b12fe9ed0836e53b4fcd5c28f0943.jpg

Mine did this when I lost a little led from the bulb. Had to get new pair. Have you hit any bump ass roads?

He already fixed it carmen. Get off AW and gmfs and stay with the straight people forum.

didnt read the whole thing, but do you have LED tail bulbs or standard bulbs. I know my truck with LED rear bulbs did a similar deal.
Same.

Pulled all my leds out except reverse and turn signals. No problems since, so I'm not gonna change it lol

All bulbs in taillight are standard except led reverse, which wouldn't affect it. Once I realized the tail blinker bulb wasn't blown, it was just the socket, it all clicked in my head that it must have just wiggled loose, cause I know other people have problems with led tails throwing their whole system off