System Killswitch?

DaddyFerg

Feb 7, 2014
My friend used to have a 99 single cab and he had a switch beside the passenger airbag keyhole, that could turn his system off when you wanted and turn it on when he wanted. I am getting a system and am wondering how to do that? I have an 03 single cab.

Bass knob will just turn the gain on the bass down. Switch on the remote wire will shut everything off and on.

The switch will only turn off anything that is running off an amp...so if he only has a sub, that will effectively do the same thing, but he will be able to adjust the level as well as turn it all the way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. I've always ran pioneer radios and just used their sub settings and on/off then ran a switch on my remote wire so I can cut it all off when needed.

I have pioneer also way easier to cut the sound with the bass knob. Plus my gain is then adjust able to be able to turn it down for heavier songs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP, its all preference. But to answer your question of "system killswitch", the best way would be a switch on the remote wire. To just cut the sub, opt for a bass knob.

Last edited:
another option is running an external eq that has subwoofer control. i have mine ran that way bc not only do the HU eq's usually suck balls, this gives me a lot more adjustability over my sound. audiophile problems. anyways, i have a dedicated subwoofer VOLUME control on my eq, and also the bass knob that controls the GAIN. two different beasts, just wanted to clarify that. i never adjust the bass knob, in fact i'll disconnect it eventually when i build my final system, but once my gains are set, i just adjust the volume for clean power throughout the volume range.

Thanks. I think I'd like to have the switch for the sub. Just right by the passenger airbag keyhole.