The gas/fuel thread

Any input on the best places to get diesel fuel? I heard shell diesel was quality but I have no clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diesel is diesel. no matter what brand you slap on it. no additives go into diesel, and the refining process is not different brand to brand.
cheapest diesel you can find will do the trick.
better off finding the places with the quicker diesel pumps than the "better diesel" haha!

Exxon normally fill up costs about $88, 93. about $3.49/gal. if cheaping out then 93 octane at sams club is only $3.19. get around 12mpg according to DIC. Fill up once or twice a week

Just buy gas from a place that is very active, ie their gas doesn't sit around a lot imo

I have a buddy who fills up at truck stops because their tanks are cycled more. IMO it doesn't matter really. If you own a deisel you should be running secondary fuel filtration anyways.

I only fill up with the most convenient Premium fuel.

I run 89 from Kroger. Every 2-3 months I fill up on 93. I am getting a tune within the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a buddy who fills up at truck stops because their tanks are cycled more. IMO it doesn't matter really. If you own a deisel you should be running secondary fuel filtration anyways.

I only fill up with the most convenient Premium fuel.

Nothing bad should be going In those tanks, and if there is a minute impurity, there are about 6 filters the fuel hits before it comes out of the nozzle and into your truck.
I love reading the myths. Doesn't matter if that diesel is 3 days old or 2 weeks old in that tank. Lol

I usually fill up at Shell or Valero. I'm tuned for 87, because back when I first got my tune 93 was well over $4 a gallon. Fuuuuuck that. 75-85 to fill up is hard enough on me. $130-$150 a fill up is outrageous. Back in 08 87octane was over $4 a gallon and was easily spending $125 to fill up at least once a week. It got so bad that I bought a shitbox Honda civic which I filled up for about $40-$45 about once a week if that often. But I sold it within a year, because all the money I was saving on gas, I was spending on repairs for that 200+k mile POS Civic. But I got it for $1000, spent about $1000-1200 in repairs in the year I had it, and sold it for $1900. So I made almost all of my money back on it at least.

Hand calculated my mileage for this week... 10.6. Going to try and start keeping up with it manually as DIC probably isn't right

I need to install a second tank in my lbz I don't like filling up every 3 days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hand calc 17.6 last tank. I can't wait for summer, tired of letting my truck warm up a couple minutes each start.