Throttle position actuator relearn

Blackout

Dat Rust Bucket
Dec 18, 2015
West Michigan
Truck is an 03 and I've traced my erratic misfire and limp mode issue back to the throttle position actuator/sensor. I've done some searching around and I've been told the new unit will relearn on its own after a hard reset and I've also read online I'll need to take it to a dealership and have them recalibrate it.

So what exactly is the relearn process? Can I hook it up to my scan tool delete the code and reset the computer? I hate to shell out a couple hundred bucks and take half a day off work for the dealership to do what I can do in my garage.

Truck is an 03 and I've traced my erratic misfire and limp mode issue back to the throttle position actuator/sensor. I've done some searching around and I've been told the new unit will relearn on its own after a hard reset and I've also read online I'll need to take it to a dealership and have them recalibrate it.

So what exactly is the relearn process? Can I hook it up to my scan tool delete the code and reset the computer? I hate to shell out a couple hundred bucks and take half a day off work for the dealership to do what I can do in my garage.
You know anyone with a tech 2? It takes 2 minutes to relearn a throttle body.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk