Tire shine; gel vs foam vs spray

I just find the cheapest spray foam. Spray it on, let it dry for about 15-20 minutes then wipe the excess off with a foam applicator. Never have any overspray and the coat is even. Depending on the rain it usually lasts a decent amount of time. If not, fuck it, I bought the cheap shit anyway.

i hate tire shine just clean them every time i get my truck detailed i tell them no shine it always sling on the paint

I've never had any sort of slinging. Just wipe off the access before you drive :shrug:

I just find the cheapest spray foam. Spray it on, let it dry for about 15-20 minutes then wipe the excess off with a foam applicator. Never have any overspray and the coat is even. Depending on the rain it usually lasts a decent amount of time. If not, fuck it, I bought the cheap shit anyway.

15mins? Damn, when I let the foam sit for even 3 Mins its already running down all over so I fell like I gotta wipe it off before it dries runny

sent from my HTC Rezound

Svrt was slinging for me the other day. Just kinda deal with it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

15mins? Damn, when I let the foam sit for even 3 Mins its already running down all over so I fell like I gotta wipe it off before it dries runny

sent from my HTC Rezound

How much do you put on the tire? I only make one pass with it.

About 3 to 4 rings. Start by the bead, do a full circle then move up a line, full circle, move up, ect.. Till I reach the sidewall. Is that not how your supposed to? Lol twas my first time sprayer

sent from my HTC Rezound

Last edited:
Maybe but because I wipe it with the applicator I try not to over load it with the foam. Your sidewalls are a lot bigger than mine though, maybe try to only do two and see how that works.

Buy TUF Shine Kit, be butt hurt by price, prawfit from results, be but hurt again that bottle only lasted 4 applications :foreveralone:

Cool blue xp by automagic. Apply with towel or applicator pad. Done. Its not a spray, has higher viscosity than svrt. I prefer it over Adams on tires, but like Adams for trim