Tru-Cool 40K Trans Cooler

I'm almost 100% sure I don't because nothing is mounted infront of the radiator, my dads 05 w/t has one but not mine :confused: mine will be painted black with heat paint just like my radiator is most likely....

My question is what's the difference between a tru-cool 40K and brandons flexalite big cooler?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

I think his flexalite is just more cooling capacity. That'd be overkill for your truck and probably keep the trans too cool I would think. He's running alot more power/more heat and stress through his trans so he needs the bigger cooler to keep it at the same temp your smaller cooler would keep your truck at

I thought all crews had them period. Almost positive all w tow pkg did. My 04 and 06 do. Brandons would be overkill for you Colyn, he doesn't run 20s in the quarter :crazy:

Maybe you have crossover truck? Like how early 2000 ecsb were 3 door and later ones were 4? Idk :shrug:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What is the glove box code for towing package? Pretty sure all towing packages had t-coolers.

Proud owner of a Tru-Cool 40K with factory lines :slorg: Now just need to decide if it's getting the maghytec pan too or if I need to save that for the tahoe :think:

P1160069.jpg

If I wasn't trying to get prepared for a 4L80e I would upgrade more in my trans but it has 164,890 miles on it....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Bump. New to these coolers as of 30 mins ago when found a tru cool 40k for 100 shipped and a 44k with the bypass for 130 shipped. I assume the 44k has a 4k higher capacity.. Is that overkill? I'll have full bolt on & stall eventually.

Also what's the cold weather bypass? I'm in NJ so it can be pretty cold in the 10-20s sometimes

Side note.. This thread was near the top when I searched tru cool 40k Silverado :up: good infos here