Tru-Cool 40K Trans Cooler

It has the bypass, an most importantly it's $30 less u can spend on getting gregd

Sent from my hacked super-nintendo

Get one with the bypass. It lets the coolant stay just in the lines/trans when it's really really cold, it won't go through the cooling fins. Fluid has a specific operating range, so it can be too cold as well as too hot.

Sent from Tapatwat

And I would stick with the 40k. That'd be plenty of cooling fo you, you'd only need more if you were putting serious power down/towing alot/in the desert somewhere

Sent from Tapatwat

Get one with the bypass. It lets the coolant stay just in the lines/trans when it's really really cold, it won't go through the cooling fins. Fluid has a specific operating range, so it can be too cold as well as too hot.

Sent from Tapatwat

I'd love to see your technical dissertation on this topic.

Running no-bypass 40K, factory lines, want to get one for the Tahoe.

Anywhere it get below 50* regularly, I'd go with the bypass. If not don't worry about it imo
It can't hurt. It will only bypass when needed

Btw, towing a 7200lb trailer with my truck, my trans temps never exceeded 172* with my 40k. And that's up a major grade in 97* ambient temps. 40k is a bamf

OEM trans lines run thru the radiator and that has an avg temp of 190-200...so Id say anywhere between 150-200 is ideal. With my 40k I see 180 tops and that's city driving with a hot ass ORY right under the pan too...at hwy speeds its at 150-160. I haven't towed since I installed it but I wouldn't expect it to go above that.

I have a 40k as well. There is someone on another forum that makes a bolt-in kit for it. The only thing you have to do is cut one line (passenger side), spin it around and connect it with a compression fitting. It works great.

Mine was super easy to install.. Cut the lines at the rubber part and ran compression fittings to the cooler. Mounting was simple too

Sent from Tapashit