Truck died, no spark... help!

nickleachy is doing one, the transfer case is the same just the imput shaft is different, number of splines iirc from his thread. you would need to move the trans crossmember, and need a new front and rear drive shaft as well as a different tune. remember the gears are different outputs in the 80e too.

Thanks man I'll have to look. I use my truck as a truck so I really just want something that I can use that won't let me down, even if it's overkill for what I tow and do with my truck. Tired of being stranded!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i beat the shit out of mine, i dont have the same issues as you. you just have some bad luck or that specific truck has some bad vodo.

Yeah man idk. The 96 I had I blew the vortec 350 in it, the trans and 3 10 bolts. This truck I've already blown the g80 and now two engines lol. Anyways, pulling the trigger on an LQ9 out of a silverado 1500 with 57,xxx today. Wish me luck, I need it!

Figured out what happened with the old motor, and also discovered I had an LQ9 all along, I think... Because I had flat top pistons

Nice hole in the block
ese4yvun.jpg

7uqudery.jpg
a8abe4uq.jpg
ebabatu3.jpg
6ube7ugy.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. Didn't know any way to tell besides pulling the heads. Thought I had the wrong vin but either way the new one seems to run a lot smoother so I'm happeh

well that sucks. ive had ls motors up to 300k and never blown. hopefully this lq9 is better for ya. and yes your 60 will explode. i exploded mine after 3 weeks and the 60e only had about 500 miles on it when i blew it