Trying to decide on a new daily...

James720

Mar 18, 2013
Zachary, LA
Just looking for some opinions from some of the SUVs and Trucks I've been looking at...

My main concern is towing and price. Because I'm trying to get into a house within the next year I don't want a loan unless it's very small. I will be trading my current daily in. It's an 04 Isuzu Rodeo S with the 3.5L small lift and 33s in it. I honestly love it I'm just ready for something different. We have 2 boats and I'm going to buy a car trailer soon to haul my truck to and from the track/shows. Probably around 4000lbs is the most I'd be towing if I had to guess. I'm looking to spend no more than $8k right now but the cheaper the better.

Here's what I've been looking at:

Older Trailblazers
Fleet NBS 1500s
2000-2006 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburbans
Older Xterra

I've had 3 Tahoes so I've really been looking into another since I like them so much. I've found a decent 2000 Yukon with leather and etc for $6500 with 135k on it. http://cimages.carsforsale.com/257450/F2278568-A147-4DC3-BACA-E55FE5614B29_1.jpg

Let me know what you think from those options and feel free to throw some other suggestions out

Tahoes are cheap and plentiful, even 03+. Would want V8 to tow, though I6 trailblazer is stout. LS bases vehicles are cheapest to maintain. Pretty sure your obs and a car trailer may be over 4K LB though

Last edited:
Tables are cheap and plentiful, even 03+. Would want V8 to tow, though I6 trailblazer is stout. LS bases vehicles are cheapest to maintain. Pretty sure your obs and a car trailer may be over 4K LB though

You may be right on the weight. Honestly, I've been about 3x more interested in another Tahoe/Yukon than any of the other options I'm just not setting my mind to one thing just yet.

I'm going to try to go look at that Yukon I linked a picture of after work today and see what they have to say.

LS is best for sure, thats why my OBS is getting one as well.

V8 is what I'd like, but like I say I'm just looking at more than one option too see if that really what I want/need.

hope your trailer is light and tiny.

i tow a 20ft enclosed with a 2100 lbs car, and a few other things, and my 1500 doesnt like it at all.

thats why i bought my 6.5 3500

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. I wont be looking for a enclosed trailer though. Just a flat bed. My buddy tows his pure stock with a 1500 and seems to be good with it. His is not enclosed either

Was expecting this to be about cars and mpg when I opened it lol

Tahoes can be had for a decent price for sure. I think you'd enjoy having a truck though and being able to haul much more stuff in the back. All personal preference though.

Was expecting this to be about cars and mpg when I opened it lol

Tahoes can be had for a decent price for sure. I think you'd enjoy having a truck though and being able to haul much more stuff in the back. All personal preference though.

Love tahoes. That's my reason for considering another. It would be my 4th. I am looking at a high mileage 2007.5 ECSB though for $7k. We will see. Lol

Sell truck, buy 08 f250

:srs:

Fuck that. :srs:

Fuck driving a Tahoe, it's like driving a short bus. That is all.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I've had 3. Love em.

Nothing you listed is known for its towing abilities. Try to find a 7.3 or a STOCK 6.0 F250.

Tahoes barely pull themselves. It is a completely ignorant statement to say "don't buy a ford."

Duramaxes are the best diesel, but for 8k there's only some shitty dmaxes.

Nothing you listed is known for its towing abilities. Try to find a 7.3 or a STOCK 6.0 F250.

Sorry, but I will not own a Powerstoke or any fullsize Ford for that matter.

Uhh dont buy a ford. Seriously. A Tahoe should pull pretty well especially if you invest in a set of rear bags

My 04 Tahoe pulled anything I put behind it with a 3/6 drop and air shocks. Really leaning to a Tahoe or an older NBS fleet truck that I can find for a good deal.

Tahoes barely pull themselves. It is a completely ignorant statement to say "don't buy a ford."

I've had 3, none of which ever had an issue towing stuff that I'd ever have to tow again. I'm not looking for a big rig, lol.

To me I would feel ignorant buying a Ford. So you like them, good for you. I won't own another Ford, sorry.

Would love a duramax, but that's why I'm not looking for one. My budget isn't where I'd want it to own a Dmax. I "have" the money, but I don't want to spend it on one. Other priorities to worry about within the next year to buy something that expensive. ie. wedding, house, finish my OBS.

That being said, I set up an appointment to look at the 2007 Silverado and the 2000 Yukon tomorrow after work. I'm not in a rush to buy something so to come home with one tomorrow they'd have to make me a serious deal.

I should probably add that I won't be towing all the time. I just want to be able to when I need to. I won't ALWAYS tow my truck to shows, just ones I know I'm gonna have a chance at breaking something while I'm there. Both boats are in Texas at my families camp, so I'd tow them maybe 20 miles a trip at the most.

Hes not pulling a whole lot of weight.. The tahoe will be fine. Im into my duramax for less than $3200:thefinger:

I got a smokin ass deal. The guys wife posted it on craigslist without talking to him about the price. I was at is house an hour after he posted it and he had already gotten 41 calls. It obviously has high miles but seems to be maintained fairly well.