under hood lights! I need idea guys.

I promise that I trimmed zipties, and heat shrunk all the wire before hiding under the insulation. grounded it all to the hood ground. I just hooked up with alligator clips for the pics, Im going to run the hot inside the loom for the hood ground, down to the fuse box with the switch, when the switch comes in.

Probably not as bright as Austin's but here is my light at night. Im extremely pleased. Ignore the dirty boring motor, my yearly engine bay cleaning hasnt commenced yet

There is no outside light being used in this photo, pure hood lights under the carport with the house lights off. Shadows are minimal for what I'd need to deal with.

You can see the blue button on the front of the fuse box, thats the switch for these.

Yeah I am very pleased with the amount of light especially with it being on the top of the hood when its open. Plus if you keep an eye our SBL always has coupon codes to get a discount.

Edduh, ever been to GA in summer? :bertstare: it was 3M adhesive pads. Wires are tucked tight enough wouldn't go far if they did come unglued.

no, we get 115F plus hunnet % humidity...sucks ass

We're not far off come August. I've never had issues with the 3M tape on anything, that's what I used for a lonngggg time to hold HID ballasts. Even bouncing around off road and with the big old school ones, never had one fall off

Iv e never had issues with the REAL 3m tape in the summers here of 100+ temps and humidity 90%+ and heat indexes of near 140. Shit sucks...cant wait to be on a coast

So earlier I was thinking. Im going to do an experiment and see how long a 9V battery will power these lights, if itll last a bit, I may wire in a way to backfeed them from a battery in case of dead battery or doing something with battery unhooked.

The biggest problem with running them on a 9V battery is output is dropped by a visible amount of lumens. I was testing mine with a 9v when i was trying to figure out placement of the strip and they are much brighter when hooked to the 12v system.