under hood lights! I need idea guys.

I am sure it's a drop, but would still be a smart idea in the event you don't have a flash light. I personally don't carry a large flashlight since I hate having random shit laying around my truck. My luck the batteries would die too.

Hence "experiment". Mine is major overkill so dimmer should still be sufficient. But I also have a 110-12v converter I could hook them to if I was underhood at home with battery unhooked.

Geoff
can you take a day time pic with lights off to see how the lights look mounted there?

Nice simple setup their Geoff, think ill do the same setup. I ordered a roll to do my cluster so i should have plenty left for this. Not sure why GM did away with hood lights.

386623CE-D5FC-4DCA-A246-97C69D675095_zpsv4w0dn90.jpg

Run a strip up under the lip right there where the rear hood seal is. There is plenty of room to stick one on there, I almost mounted mine there, but was worried about it getting covered in shit.

yea run a 5050. 300 per strip under the firewall lip and along the bottom of the hood.
Due to the multiple angles the Leds are mounted, It gives a very bright overlapping light coverage.
The under "the lip" led strip is the primary engine source of light. The hood just completes the coverage.
To complete the full effect, run a strip between the elec fans or below them along the shroud edge.
E50BDE8F-7DB4-49FB-81FF-3E7BA05E8A15_zpsxl3pfxup.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered those lights austin has last night.. Look bamf. Shipping said 17-28 days :ayfkm: but I'm not in a hurry lol. I'm just gonna wire them to a normal switch then hide the switch somewhere when it's not noticed.

Sent from Tapashit