Wanting opinions on tonneau covers

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
After driving my truck a bit now I have noticed that with the wide wheels that the inside of the bed gets covered with road grime, beings as I have a white bed liner this is getting old fast. I am wanting a cheaper tonneau as it is lifted not many will even see it but do not want the rails going across when I fold/roll up. I would also like to stay around $200-300 retail, with dealer pricing this will get me close to where I want to be.

I have been looking around and there is so many different options so I thought getting some real world opinions could help me narrow down a few. Let me know what you, your cousins, your friends, etc. have had and what they liked and disliked about them.

Wanting to stay fold or roll up so that I can still use the bed. Thank you though Jared

i like the truxedo truxport as they are great quality and under 300, but they sit on the rail.

truxedo makes a Lo-Pro QT soft roll up but it's about 500 or so bucks, however it sits flush

I had the soft one from GMC on my NNBS and liked it a lot. The horizontal bars were built into the fabric so when you rolled it up, they rolled with it. A lot more convenient design than the ones where you have to physically remove the bars. Quality was really good, held up well in brutal Maine winters.

Last edited:
I had the soft one from GMC on my NNBS and liked it a lot. The horizontal bars were built into the fabric so when you rolled it up, they rolled with it. A lot more convenient design than the ones where you have to physically remove the bars. Quality was really good, held up well in brutal Maine winters.

Wanting ones with the bars built in but it seems to increase the price a lot. I can get a Lund one with the bars you have to remove for like $165 seems like the others mentioned are around $300.

I am still thinking about getting a topper later on so do not want to have a bunch rapped up in this.

Was going to suggest the cover that Jordan did.

Dad has had it on his 07 since new and only this year after frequently rolling it up we started noticing where the material has dried and started cracking some. I think hitting it with leather conditioner periodically probably would have saved it... mostly due to sun is my guess.

I found a tonnopro on craigslist in like new condition for $200 and snatched it up. Easy on and off, self contained, and folds up neatly.
Ex. pic
Chevy-Silverado-TonnoPro-Hard-Fold-Tri-Fold-Tonneau-Cover-B.jpg

patriot_tonneau_cover.jpg

I'll just copy my post from jake's thread.

Just got the Tonnopro Lo-Roll for Xmas. Easy to install, so far looks awesome & held up fine with the snow last week. it's a single latch which is good, rolls up fine. Real nice look to it for a roll up :imo: and only $270 shipped with a 10yr warranty! :pepper:

aty5uhyh.jpg

va9eguqy.jpg

gyru8a4a.jpg

tavumy8u.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Gotcha, just figured I'd post up what I had.
That is exactly what I am looking for :up:
Was going to suggest the cover that Jordan did.

Dad has had it on his 07 since new and only this year after frequently rolling it up we started noticing where the material has dried and started cracking some. I think hitting it with leather conditioner periodically probably would have saved it... mostly due to sun is my guess.
I had good luck with them on previous trucks by using some treatments on them.
I found a tonnopro on craigslist in like new condition for $200 and snatched it up. Easy on and off, self contained, and folds up neatly.
Ex. pic
Chevy-Silverado-TonnoPro-Hard-Fold-Tri-Fold-Tonneau-Cover-B.jpg

patriot_tonneau_cover.jpg
Find me one for that price :imo: