What battery?

I know my big 3 in good and my alt...
Kind of an example of how much they get drained and recharged so fast
I just have had so bad of luck with optimas
Im sure my 6hi 55s pull more then average 35 halogen running low beams in w/t only

But for lower end my buddys have had good luck with interstate

My Delco is over 6 years old now... It's hurting a little bit now. What're your opinions on the Optima?

My Delco is over 6 years old now... It's hurting a little bit now. What're your opinions on the Optima?

I know my big 3 in good and my alt...
Kind of an example of how much they get drained and recharged so fast
I just have had so bad of luck with optimas
Im sure my 6hi 55s pull more then average 35 halogen running low beams in w/t only

But for lower end my buddys have had good luck with interstate

Didn't know Optima made them different than they used to. I had one in my nbs like 4 years ago and it was a beast. Bought one a year ago for nnbs and it fucking sucked. Died after 6 hrs of radio cranked halfway all stock sound system

I have had Optima batteries in the past. While they are good for what they are intended for, and they can power a Monster system plus other stuff for long periods with the engine off, they crapped out on me after about a year or so. I went thru 3 of them in a little over 4 years. That was the final straw when number 4 went bad. I refused to EVER buy another one. Plenty of power is good and all, but it does me no good if it leaves me stranded needing a jump start.

Yeah my brother has a red top that is about a year old and he already has to jump his truck off after a few weeks of sitting.

my yellow top has left me stranded a couple of times. i want to try one of those dekas now

My red top has left 3 times,i have had 3 red tops all under warrenty and it just ran out

Will never buy that shit again

Oh BTW i have Dual Deka Intimadator 9A31s awaiting for battery relocations to the rear of truck,on outside frame rails inbetween rockers

sounds like everyone buying the expensive optimas r wasting money bc they are going out and bad yet my duralast hasnt given me problems..

just a few

Now that they are made south of the border, they are shit. Luckily I bought mine before they switched plants, mine is made in the U S and A. :pepper:

Now that they are made south of the border, they are shit. Luckily I bought mine before they switched plants, mine is made in the U S and A. :pepper:

this...my USA made yellow top was a bad ass...took any and all abuse I could give it and it was fine. Too bad it went with the ranger when I sold it. It was 5-6yrs old though, so i didnt care, couldnt have lasted much longer.

Borat reference, you missed it. And yes, it did. When I bought it the guy installed it for free, so I guess it was a "package price".

:bertstare:

NO matter what battery u buy make sure that it is an East Penn State battery. THey are the only US manufacturer left in the US. There a massive 50+ page thread on Dieselplace about it. a few years ago Optima switched to an over seas manufacturer and that is when all the issues arose. East Penn or Penn State are the only two options IMO

then your set. Guy on dieselplace runs a fleet of about 20 diesels mostly Duramax's and only batteries that last 10+ years are the Penn states. Everything else dies around 3-5. Just hate to see people waste their cash.