what is causing my lights to do this ?

Aside from the flasher, if you wired up your DRL sockets like that moron in that video, then you are just as foolish as he is. He not only just twisted and taped the wires, but he connected the DRL light to BOTH the parking lamp AND turn signal POSITIVE wires!! The correct way would be to get a 3 pin socket and connect the ground, park, and turn signal wires properly. And any wiring like that which is exposed to the elements should always be soldered and covered in heat shrink tubing. Preferably the Marine grade heat shrink which has a sealant on the inside of the tubing.

Aside from the flasher, if you wired up your DRL sockets like that moron in that video, then you are just as foolish as he is. He not only just twisted and taped the wires, but he connected the DRL light to BOTH the parking lamp AND turn signal POSITIVE wires!! The correct way would be to get a 3 pin socket and connect the ground, park, and turn signal wires properly. And any wiring like that which is exposed to the elements should always be soldered and covered in heat shrink tubing. Preferably the Marine grade heat shrink which has a sealant on the inside of the tubing.

so exactly what i said lol

well i didn't just twist them together like a hack.....i had little connectors laying around that i used but i will also be picking up heat shrink and a kit with connections

also will be getting other 3 wire sockets and wiring those in cause something isn't right that's for sure... i also have led's coming and i resealed my bottom lights so it should look fresh when i am done.

I'm just getting ready to do that Pin-7 lift mod to mine tonight (the 99-02 flasher looks a little different, but same concept). I ditched some stupid ebay led lights with built in resistors and went back to factory tails with LED's and got the hyperflash. So glad most all the wiring stuff has been figured out by now on the NBS, I hate electrical stuff with a passion.