What percent is factory tint?

Bill

Apr 7, 2012
McDonough, GA
Right now I have factory tint on the rear and tint to match on the front two (was like that when I got the truck). I want to go a little bit darker but not too dark. What will I need to darken the rear and have the front two and the band to match? Any pics or info you have will be real helpful.

There is no way mine is that dark. Its about the same darkness as the wifes car with 30%.

A couple of examples, only pics I got.

24eckm0.jpg

3492f4m.jpg

Last edited:
yeah tint shop when I first matched my rear said 20 on front should match the rears pretty good, 5 months later I just put limo because it wasnt dark enough for me and added like 20 or 35 to the back to darken it up to limo

It's around 20ish. My buddy had 20 on the roll downs on his NBS and they matched PERFECTLY. His bro had 32 on the roll downs in a NBS and they're def lighter. I have 5 on the rolldowns, 5 over the 20 on the rear 3 and HATE IT. It's bullshit, I can't see shit at night. Gonna just do 20 all around with a 5 strip and possibly a 35 shield

20ish, I think my stock rear metered around 17-18%. Keep in mind, the front will always seem slightly lighter than the back in the daylight due to the light coming in through the windshield (unless it gets tinted as well). I had 20% on the fronts and it was a near perfect match except when the sun was coming directly in the front windshield.

Okay, since its 20% I'll go with 15% on the front two and the band but what am I going to need to put over the factory rear to get it to match the rear?

Me trying to figure out that math myself = :bishplz:

Okay, since its 20% I'll go with 15% on the front two and the band but what am I going to need to put over the factory rear to get it to match the rear?

Me trying to figure out that math myself = :bishplz:

they don't make a tint light enough to make 20% equal a 15% film. Like Garrett said, 15% will match damn near perfectly when you factor in the light coming from the windshield.

they don't make a tint light enough to make 20% equal a 15% film. Like Garrett said, 15% will match damn near perfectly when you factor in the light coming from the windshield.
this man speaks the truth...local tint shop always tints mine with 15% and it matches perfectly with the stock tint

So just not worry about the back? I want to do 15% on the front 2 and 5% brow but I want the back 3 to be a bit darker - what percent would be best to do that but still match the 15% up front?