What synthetic oil do you run?

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Was lurking pt.net and say the same thread, maybe this can serve to help those thinking to switch, and can research here. So what SYNTHETIC oil are you running?

I just bought a case of Amsoil 10w-30, next oil change I will be running it along with Delco or Wix filter.

I only run semi-sythetic because :idgaf:

My old man only ever ran conventional in his 6.0 - still running today with 286k on the clock.

Mobile 1 5w-30 in my Civic.
Mobile 1 10w-30 in my 8.1.
Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5w-40 + REV-X additive in my 6.0 PSD.
Rotella T6 Syn 10w-40 in my Raptor.

Amsoil 10w30 OE in the '07 for less than $/qt than you all pay for overmarketed M1 :pepper:

Royal Purple 10w30 in the '01

I use free Delco filters and always add a .5qt of Lucas oil stabilizer each oil change.

I usually use Mobil 1 5-30 in my truck. PO did so I kept it up, change at ~7500 miles and the oil always comes out clean. The last couple oil changes tho, Walmart has been out of Mobil 1 or not had enough, so I've used Castrol full synthetic. Can't say anything bad about it, but I'll go back to Mobil 1 this next time

I run Chevron 5w-40 full synthetic in mine. We buy a 55 gallon drum and run it in everything from our dmax's, gas, small engines, and tractors. Never had a problem with it. Always run oem or wix filters on everything too. I'm not sure about back east, but was told by a Chevron engineer that the Richmond plant in California makes all the base oil for everyone on the west coast, Chevron is the cheapest though because they don't advertise like mobil one or castrol or the others do. We recently switched to all chevron grease as well because it was cheaper for the same thing we had been getting. Just my opinion though.

5W30 Mobil 1 High mileage and Delco filters for the 04 Silvy(PF46) and my 07 Grand Prix(PF48), 88 GMC(PF52 or some shit like that) get standard Mobil 1 10W30 and Delco