what would you pay / what's it worth thread

Tim W

power to teh people
Jan 23, 2011
Battle creek, MI
test drove this today, 04 2500HD, 6.0, 80e:
540349_3321063462222_1137384804_33237328_1762338825_n.jpg

here's the link:
http://www.sunshinetoyota.com/2004-GMC-Sierra-2500HD-SLE-Battle-Creek-MI/vd/9505424

I drove it tonight, drives great, got a little cold start clatter from the passenger side top end that goes away when it warms up, but it may be an exhaust leak since the manifolds are kinda crusty, previous owner ran a plow on it and kinda hacked the front bumper cover, cut the center out of it to clear the mounting bracket, which I don't care for, and the hood has some weird scratches on it, almost looks like cracks in the paint, hard to describe

anyway, I've got an offer on the table, just seeing what everyone else would offer or what you guys think its worth

:csb2:

not sure what the difference is on GMC's, but its optioned exactly like my truck now, power drivers seat, powerstretch signal mirrors, steering wheel controls, full center console, no leather, which is fine, I didn't want leather, pewter interior, which is cool

we're talking $12,400 out the door with my trade

$12,400 with your trade? Fuck that, I would do like 5k with your trade.

Exactly. I think you should start with how much you value your current truck. What would it be without your trade, 20k? That would mean your truck's worth about 7,600. I think you're getting bent over for 12,400 with your truck. Its not a diesel, its got high miles, and it was used as a plow. I wouldnt do that.

theyre dicking me on my trade, I know that, they're only offering $5800, I owe $3500 on mine, the $2300 difference would cover tax/title/license,dealer fees and about 1k on the gmc, they're asking $15,141, I told them its not worth $13,500, so basically when its done, I'm paying $12,400 for a truck that's super hard to find up here

like I said, I've been looking for a few weeks and I'm coming up empty handed, that is, without spending 20k+ which I don't want to do

theyre dicking me on my trade, I know that, they're only offering $5800, I owe $3500 on mine, the $2300 difference would cover tax/title/license,dealer fees and about 1k on the gmc, they're asking $15,141, I told them its not worth $13,500, so basically when its done, I'm paying $12,400 for a truck that's super hard to find up here

like I said, I've been looking for a few weeks and I'm coming up empty handed, that is, without spending 20k+ which I don't want to do

What are you looking for? LBZ? LB7?

What's your max budget?

neither, DNW a diesel, it would be 10x more wear and tear and abuse with my 4 mile drive through the city to work

max budget is about 20k, but for 20k I'd like lower miles, and its gotta be 06+ for 5yr financing

Well, being that your truck isn't paid for that makes a little more sense... If you can't find one in your area, why don't you look for one outside of your area? 2500 Crew Shorts are a dime a dozen out here and in LA. Expand your search radius. Also, why do you want a 2500 crew? One of the main factors that lead for me to get rid of mine was the 13mpg right off the show room floor.

If I was you, I would pay your truck off, list it for sale for $7500-8000 with title in hand. Take that money, and use it as a down on a 12k 2500 Crew short, if you have the cash, just pay for the thing outright.

very valid point, its just easier to shop around here when working 7a-6p all week and trying to accomplish stuff on saturdays at home, I don't need/want a crew, but used gas ECSB's are non-existent, duramaxeses are EVERYWHERE

main reason I want one is so I can eventually get a goosneck for pulling my jeep, right now I've got a bumper pull that I borrow and I can't keep up with my buddies with diesels, I'm thinking that a tuned 6.0 and factory 4.10s would help a little bit, and we're planning multiple out of state trips this summer for wheeling and I don't want to have to foot the bill for when my 60e shits out and has to be towed home and someone has to come pull my trailer home from ohio or something

You should be able to find way better deals on trucks like that especially with gas going way up. Expand your search to include something down here and I could look at something for you. Now is a truck BUYERS time, patience.

word, thanks brah, i'm sure if I wait, some asshole that can't afford gas will be wanting to dump off a perfectly good truck for me to scoop up

word, thanks brah, i'm sure if I wait, some asshole that can't afford gas will be wanting to dump off a perfectly good truck for me to scoop up

Good idear Timmay, shouldnt be hard to do. People will be shitting their huggies when gas hits 4.50 or so.

Last edited: