Wheel spacers

D1nman

Mar 27, 2012
West Monroe, LA
So I want to do 2" wheel spacers on my stock Denali wheels... Should I cough up the extra money for the BORA spacers? Are they that much better? Or should I be good with rough country ones. There is a big price difference. I will Loctite the threads, blah blah etc

Ive been running 1.5 rough country spacers on the rear ever since ive been lifted and havent had any issue. Just check to makke sure they are tight every once in a while

meh i had 1.5" RC spacers and i put my old truck sideways probably once a day on dry pavement :causedrifttruck: i never used locktite just cranked them to 120 pounds of torque and called her a day was good for the 5k miles i put on them :shrug:

I've had mine on for about 3k so far. weren't torqued the first 500 miles. Now, they are torqued to 140 with Loctite. still get slideways every once in a while.

edit
Just don't do like Robert and hand tighten the inside lugs because that will make you lose a wheel...

IMG_20131017_185127_zpscf8265fb.jpg

Last edited:
:scared: DNW wheel flying by me on the highway doing 70+. Buy a torque wrench or find someone that has one haha

that's exactly what happened lol. he thought the stock lugs had to go inside and the bolts that come with the spacer went on the outside. :fp:

that's exactly what happened lol. he thought the stock lugs had to go inside and the bolts that come with the spacer went on the outside. :fp:

my stock lugs didn't fit inside the spacers or at least no socket fit in there to tighten them...while i am typing this i remember you saying hand tighten....

are you saying because he couldn't get a socket on them he just hand tightened them ?

RC spacers come with small lug nuts for the inside (spacer to hub) and you use your stock/other lugs on the outside (wheel to spacer). I can't speak for the shitty fleabay ones though.

RC spacers come with small lug nuts for the inside (spacer to hub) and you use your stock/other lugs on the outside (wheel to spacer). I can't speak for the shitty fleabay ones though.

:read: what I say I had RC spacers ....your saying he hand tightened the stock nuts into the spacer holes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had Rough Country 2inch ones on for a few months and I torqued them to about 120. Trucks been sideways and hit harder pot holes than it ever should have. They've held up great for me, just checked the lugs about a week ago, haven't loosened one bit.
Plus, I know people will think this is cheaping out on them, but the Rough Country scratch and dent store sometimes has them on sale with minor scratches. I didn't care, because who sees them? Got all four for $87. If you can catch it at that time, it's a great deal. Even comes with the awesome stickers.

:read: what I say I had RC spacers ....your saying he hand tightened the stock nuts into the spacer holes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oh, yeah. he tried to use the stock lugs on the inside and couldn't fit a socket in to tighten them..

I torqued mine to Brandon-ft.-lbs and theyve been fine for like 1k miles. Loctite isnt necessary, just tighten it like a normal wheel...

also, I dont think 2" spacers will look good on stockers.

I ran the rough country ones on my 05 and had no issues. The price was awesome. Just tightened them down with the impact and rolled.

i luuuUUUUuuv that stance. Thanks for the replies. Looks like i will order 2" eventually and tighten them to Brandon-ft-lbs :gnomesayin: