Which headers to buy?

Silver04

DA04
Aug 7, 2012
Firebaugh Ca
Well im in The market for some lt headers. Ive been looking into calspeed performance lts with ory and pacesetters armor coated lts. So my qustion is which would be better. Also how good is the armor coating on the pacesetters? I know the pacesetters dont come with the ory but I would also be getting their ory. I will also be running cats after the y.

PaceSetter Long Tube Headers 72C2265 - Mobile SummitRacing.com

PaceSetter Long Tube Headers 72C2265 - Mobile SummitRacing.com

CalSpeed & Performance Stainless Steel 1-3/4" Long Tube Headers with 3" Stainless Y-pipe for 99-09 Silverado

Pacesetters finish will look better longer if that matters to you. I have them on the daily. But will probably just go LPP on my sierra.

Pacesetters finish will look better longer if that matters to you. I have them on the daily. But will probably just go LPP on my sierra.

Looks kinda of matter but if uncoated are better ill do that.
Why lpp over cal speed ?
Whats the difference between them?
Also would the 1 7/8s be too. Much for a 4.8 with just a tune and cai

Last edited:
lpp went on a bashing spree of csp out of no where. lpp and csp, as well as tsp are all made of 304 stainless. after the lpp and csp spat, lpp changed to 321 ss. pacesetter are carbon steel.

no need for 1 7/8 on a stock motor, 1 3/4 is plenty.

if the finish is a big deal, then the pacesetters will probably be best, but looks aren't giving you extra hp for the money. why spend extra for no performance gain over a cheaper set.

cal speed ftw

I was going to get a set of Pacesetter armor coated 1-3/4" but then I started looking and might just get a set of TSP 1-7/8" stainless headers...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

The guys on pt.net like them more because of being all stainless. Go look I just started my thread yesterday.

I like LPP just because they'd been around longer, and I'm not all that into the nut swinging sword fighting shit. If pricing were comparable, I'd buy from TSP just because of the great service I've gotten from them in the past. Granted, I like the clean look my coated headers maintain in my engine bay. Trying to find someone to do my swap headers for my obs now.

I want black headers, I hate the look of stainless or polished but for some reason they say that the ceramic doesn't hold up? Do you know why Austin?

I have lpp on green truck,cal speeds on grey truck
Both fit good, at first my cal speeds hit steering shaft. Then realized I bent the shaft some kinda way.. so 75$ intermediate shaft later it's all good!

Lpp is out of stock right now anyways

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I dont have my truck today, left it at the shop and drove the company truck in for the night. Ill try and do it tomorrow. The real advantage for the larger primaries would be in the case of say the square port heads/bigger valves also.

Heard the only cons of stainless is price tag... and ceramic will slowly start to flake and rust. Which scares me, if only problem with stainless is discoloring I don't care... just don't want rust.

lol, nut swinging, most swing LPP just because they have been selling "longer". But that's probably because they were an internet forum vendor before CSP. Both are made by XS power, and CSP is cheaper.

LPP is said to be made by a bit better stainless steel, but if you live in the south or in a dry climate, CSP is perfectly fine, if you live up north with snow and salt, get ARH or Kooks, even LPP won't be much better than CSP up there. $350 shipped is what made me buy CSP, and they work just fine, had them quite a while. Many members here have CSP and no problems.

LPP has shitty business practices, and has been banned from pt.net and ls1tech for shitty things. He is safe on gmfs because he pays good money and shaggy is all about vendor money...

And if you were to need headers now,lpp is out
Ordered my csp on a Sunday ,got them on Wednesday with no sketch

Another thing with my lpps was I needed headers now or something for a cam swap and I bought the set from boosted "tony" and FTF in New Orleans,so i didn't have to directly deal with lpp even though they were bnib.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2