Winter Prep plans

The coating process was easy but the results are so so. I'm having a problem with streaking. But after researching it, seems to be a common issue with dark paint and low application temps. Gonna wait til it rains again then wash it and wipe it down and see if that knocks down some of the streaking.

Correct as far as I can tell. It may be a bit more than surface in some spots but not though the metal

trust me you are in for a surprise. rockers mostly rust from the inside, i have seen 3 sets of rockers been replaced and the inside look 100% worse then the outside, flaking rust chunks laying in the rocker and all, but the outside only had a few little bubbles and spots.

i took a wire wheel to my rockers on my 03 and they also only had a few bubbles then the wire wheel went through the rocker and created a 3"x1" hole i tacked a piece of steel behind it and bondo'd it because i had no money.

also all you peoples dissing Canada for salt, i live in BC and they do not use salt here only sand and that is only for the whole week that we might get snow.

Last edited:
trust me you are in for s surprise. rockers mostly rust from the inside, i have seen 3 sets of rockers been replaced and the inside look 100% worse then the outside flaking rust chunks laying in the rocker and all, but the outside only had a few little bubbles and spots.

i took a wire wheel to my rockers on my 03 and they also only had a few bubbles then the wire wheel went through the rocker and creaked a 3"x1" hole i tacked a piece of steel behind it and bondo'd it because i had no money.

also all you peoples dissing Canada for salt, i live in BC and they do not use salt here only sand and that is only for the whole week that we might get snow.
Word I took a body mallet to mine this weekend no outside rust but holy fuck so much fell out

Bump cause weather has been bad here lately.

What do you guys do to protect chrome wheels in the winter? Going to be getting my first set of chrome wheels so I have no idea of what I should do other than keep them clean.

yep that will work fine.

your gonna want to try to clean the back side of the wheel the best you can, and try to coat that as well so it cant start peeling or pitting back there and work its way around to the front half of the wheel

nice thing is you can layer it, so you can put a coat on before getting the tires, then put a coat on again after. just because the shop will end up having to clean the lube shit they use to put the tires on off the wheel.

Cool. Hopefully getting the wheels today, but have to put them straight on the truck. Ill have to find a time to pull them off to clean/polish/seal them.

Just came in from polishing truck. The last time I laid down the coating I did it in the dark which left high spots and oily residue which made it look like a bad wax job.

Gonna wait til the daylight to apply another layer of the coating and if this time it doesn't work I give up and I'm going back to sealant and wax lol