Wiper arm ideas?

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
Well guys, I've got a question that seems is never brought up.

My stock wiper arms began to loose their paint like I'm sure most of your's have.

So I repainted them with matte finish trim paint, which faded very quickly and looked ugly. Then I tried repainting them again a few months ago with duplicolor clear over the top this time, and it again faded and cracked off.

So now I'm stuck again, and would like to find a more permanent solution to repainting these damn wiper arms.

Anybody have any ideas or personal stories that have worked to keep the wiper arms looking like new for more than a few months...

I had the same issue with mine on both trucks. I painted the Chevy ones multiple times and they all faded/peeled. When I had the bumper/bed cover painted I just had them paint the arms black with real paint and haven't had any issues.

I used krylon satin black on my 88 and just redid them every spring, normally looked good all summer then winter took its toll on it

Pull arms, strip old paint properly or have them sandblasted, then use some Rustoleum paint.

I may see if my uncle can bead blast them and I'll try repainting with automotive paint, I've never found any rattlecan that will hold up to full sun.

Shit I forgot about aircraft stripper, I love that stuff!

I'll have my arms redone soon soon enough haha

I have always jsut sand blasted, primed, and used a Satin black and never had issues.

Or do like myu RCSB and just remove them cause they look ugly