Working towards LED conversion...

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
But for the license plate lights in the rear... will these fit?

19455050smdwhiten_3.jpg

I know there have been some issues with LED bulbs being too long, I'm hoping this isn't one of those cases...

I've got THESE in my Yukon's licence plate lights. They're stupid bright and fit just fine. Kind of expensive, but 1-year warranty makes it worth it in my mind. I've had ebay, superbrightleds, and vleds bulbs, and vleds are my favorite.

Khaos gave me a set, and I have to trim the bottom where it plugs into the pigtail, just a hair. They were resting on the clear housing. Been running them for close to a year now.

Yep, I have a set also. They are very close to the housing, but I haven't had any issues. I've had them in two full size trucks for a total of 3 years and no issues.

Just remember to check that they light up, because they are polarity specific. I didn't and got pulled over the first time I put them in :rofl:

Are you opposed to running hids in your fogs? I tried leds on my 01 and the output just wasn't there.

Turn signals I'd go with a minimum of 60-leds no matter what color, amber or switchbacks. That way their bright enough.

I sold Tony a set of 100+ led bulbs for the signals that had great output. Just an eBay set that you can find for a good price.

Pat, just order them and be done. They'll work for ya with no issues, or just a slight trim like j said.

I sold Tony a set of 100+ led bulbs for the signals that had great output. Just an eBay set that you can find for a good price.

And he still has them and they are working great. :shake:

I want to get yellow fogs...any ideas?

I've got a set of Nokya Hyper yellow bulbs in the Sierra I'll let ya have just for shipping if you want them. Just need to get the truck back out the shop first.