Yay or nay?

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
Tired of the Toyota. Tired of being cramped. Tired of V6. Tired of 5 spd. Want to finally get into an older full size that doesn't cost an arm and a leg monthly so I can finally slam a full size. Pretty excited about it.

Going in a little while to look at a rcsb obs. Talked to dude on the phone. Its fully loaded, power everything, he said paint is 98% flawless, motor and trans are strong. He's the second owner and its been garage parked since the truck was brand new. Everything mechanically works except it needs an AC compressor. Love the color scheme.

5.7 efi
Automatic
2wd
170,000 miles
Asking $3,000
00e0e_2mZG8Y2ECTu_600x450.jpg

way too much, especially for that motor and interior. Seriously, you can get a higher mileage nbs for that price, or a tad more.

I want an obs. And if its in the condition he says its in, that's a really fair price for this area. I'll try to Jew him down a little but I won't compromise the sale for $100.

lol, that newer v6 is just as good as that old tired ass 89, I had one, they are fucking dog turds.

I was just giving you something to compare it to. You will hate the old technology of that truck once you buy it. Get a 95+. 97-98 being a better choice. You asked, I answered.

The only thing I'm concerned about it is the old technology.

But I'll taking my head unit, sat radio, and a few other things from the Toyota.

Last edited:
If you feel like the truck is worth the price, buy it, slam it, enjoy it. I don't think I could pay more than $2k if it was just something I had to have.

I've seen way worse listed for more. I personally love those interiors, I'd pay 2800 no doubt. Condition of the paint is a huge plus. Most of those trucks are faded to shit