2piece driveshaft

fuck keeping that big ass driveshaft. gm must me abunch of fuckin retards for not putting the 2pc in the truck in the first place. that one piece is an unreliable piece of shit. ive heard of stock trucks driveshaft gernading.they just aint worth it to keep imo. i dont wanna go cutting all kinds of shit to make it work when i can just put a 2pc in with a little bit of brain power and make it work way better

I don't touch driveshaft anymore cause pumpkin hits bed floor before that can happen but dnw my notched crossmembers anymore.... I plan on reinforcing them when I do my 2piece swap...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Mine were cut then notched like the frame

fuck keeping that big ass driveshaft. gm must me abunch of fuckin retards for not putting the 2pc in the truck in the first place. that one piece is an unreliable piece of shit. ive heard of stock trucks driveshaft gernading.they just aint worth it to keep imo. i dont wanna go cutting all kinds of shit to make it work when i can just put a 2pc in with a little bit of brain power and make it work way better

werd i've always said that. On gmfs I said that over and over but people don't like to listen lol. The headache you'll have trying to make the 1pc work is a lot worse than the headache you'll have swapping to a 2pc. Especially when that 1pc breaks and you're paying to tow the truck home.

It's also quite dangerous. When mine broke it put a hole in my exhaust, went through my gas tank shield and a piece of the driveshaft came up trough the notch hole in my bed and hit the car behind me.

nagupeju.jpg

I don't pay to get towed. Lol
mu6enesu.jpg

What kind of carrier bearing crossmember does a stock 2wd ecsb come with?
Think I could get a stock crossmember and use it on mine?

What kind of carrier bearing crossmember does a stock 2wd ecsb come with?
Think I could get a stock crossmember and use it on mine?

The one right at the back of the cab tat loops up and over.
This one and yes you could do that. Length will be different though because of your transfer case.
jatuhe7u.jpg

Last edited:
Aah I gotcha, I know I can get a 2pc for like $75..guess I need to pick one up and see where it would need to go...welsh did you put a 2pc in your 2 tone truck?

No.
Wish i couldve but the truck got destroyed before i could get that far.

I remember seeing someone do it, but the front section of the 2 piece was super fuckin' short. lol.

Fuck the stock crossmember people want you to pay $100 and cut it out yourself
You guys making your crossmember what size material you using?
1" square

Sent from a secure terminal using the classified military network

So I just dropped my shaft off to get all the bearings swapped going to make my crossmember out of a piece of 2x5x1/8 and some 1/8th plate and zip tie the charcoal canister

so, you won't have an x-member made, but you'll pay to swap bearings?

Fuck, I'd rather swap my u-joints and have someone make the x-member.

So I just dropped my shaft off to get all the bearings swapped going to make my crossmember out of a piece of 2x5x1/8 and some 1/8th plate and zip tie the charcoal canister

so, you won't have an x-member made, but you'll pay to swap bearings?

Fuck, I'd rather swap my u-joints and have someone make the x-member.

:yuno:

um, please read^

he didn't want to pay to have a stock x-member cut, put he'll pay to swap u-joints

Just seems foolish to not just do your own u-joints if you are willing to buy tubing and MAKE a x-member

I gotcha, after I reread it i figured out what you were saying.

I'd rather pay to have my joints swapped tbh. Autozone, o'reily, and napa all gave Me the wrong joint for the end of the drive shaft. I had to have a shop put one in. I guess the rear needs a combination joint or something.

no they are a bitch to change. took me like 2hrs lol with a buddy. u gotta get ALL of that teflon out or that fucker aint coming out. also he says bearing, he may be talking about the carrier bearing it self. zach that 2x5 may be to small. i have a piece of 1x3 sitting in side the frame rails with a piece of 3x3 sitting on top of it and the lip on the inside of the channel of the frame(1" tall) cut down smooth. also dont know how your exhaust is but the 1x3 barely fits under my exhaust pipe, probably about 1/2". id also highly recommend going around the evap box. itd be so much easier.

I'm the one using the 2x5 actually and it's going to be 2" horizontal and 5" vertical them I'm going to cut the fuck out of it and fill with plate. And u can't get around the evap really if u could go in front and behind it would be fine but not about to leave that fucker hanging out there with a Z deal, has anyone just removed that evap deal