2piece driveshaft

wicked mayhems has been the best way ive seen to do it. few things id change but wish i woulda did mine like that.
1359771498.jpg

and one bad rado z'd his to the frnot of the evap box also. definately what id do.

I'm just turning the evap box sideways and setting it on top

Sent from a secure terminal using the classified military network

How did u guys end up with 4" tall? I can go pretty much as high as I want

I had a dimension sheet sent to me and I went off that. Yeah you can put it where you want though raising and lowering the carrier bearing will change the angle of the first shaft. Keep in mind it needs to be in a 1.5* range of the trans for the u joint to be in its prime position. As for just laying the box down on its side it's not as simple as that. Don't get me wrong it wasn't extremely hard to do I just think z'ing the crossmember will be easier

My truck is sitting right around a 5/8 and I notched my crossmembers and haven't had a problem since. Rough, rough ass streets and 4 people in the truck and no rubbing. I'm gonna get a 2 piece to have on stand by just in case though. Building a carrier bearing crossmember is a piece of cake...

6C8F4005-A6A9-47DF-B26A-56799CAD2837-2872-00000246A0689C0E_zps4740292c.jpg

F4AECD86-038D-4C46-8094-0C43467F5B28-2872-00000246F052FEB4_zps3829908d.jpg

Thanks for reminding me I gotta put that canister back in

Edit: anyone know if the lines going to the canister are longer on an ex cab and if so part numbers so I can order

I just read all this. Yall niggas are over complicating the SHIT out of this. My cressmember is a strait piece of 2x3 with two holes drilled in it. Boom. Done. Granted im bodydropped now, but it cant be that different.

My truck is sitting right around a 5/8 and I notched my crossmembers and haven't had a problem since. Rough, rough ass streets and 4 people in the truck and no rubbing. I'm gonna get a 2 piece to have on stand by just in case though. Building a carrier bearing crossmember is a piece of cake...

6C8F4005-A6A9-47DF-B26A-56799CAD2837-2872-00000246A0689C0E_zps4740292c.jpg

F4AECD86-038D-4C46-8094-0C43467F5B28-2872-00000246F052FEB4_zps3829908d.jpg

This is what I did. I have helper bags too but even same as you, want to get a 2 piece just to have around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a welder the 2 piece is actually not bad at all, I'll probleh do a write up on the evap relocate when we do eddehs or when I redo mine

What tools should I bring to pull one of these of a parts truck? Gonna go get one for $40, do I just need a 10mm for the pinion and a 15mm for the crossmember?

I wouldn't fuck with the evap system. when I did it on my last truck, I realized that was a mistake and should have just z'd the crossmember in front of the evap shit.

all you guys talking about having one on stand by, fuck that why not just go head and install then. I hate that fucking big ass 1pc. to much a risk imo.

It would be easy to me to just z the xmember, just some rectangle tube and my chomp saw

moving the evap canister is litterally drillling 4 holes, cutting the bracket slightly and making some longer tubes. if you have the tools to make a crossmember you should have the tools to move the evap canister, and a Zd crossmember fucks the load path... so u might as well make the crossmember correctly and move the canister.