99-07 Front lift shock questions

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
I have a 2007classic 2wd Sierra with 3in RC spindles and 1.5in daystar spacers. The stock length front shocks have been on this setup for about 3 months and it is time to get something that suits the higher stance and the lack of the front suspension constantly resting on the bumpstop.

I am looking for opinions on the best front shock for a truck with an essentially leveled suspension. The rear of the truck is lifted 1.25in and has Rancho RS5000 on it, they work well, but for the front I would like something that is gas-adjustable. Rancho is really the only lift shock brand I have had experience with, and I have considered the RS9000, but am looking for opinions on something better and different. Id prefer to keep the cost under ~$300.

I would drop a little more coin if I can get a set of used King or Fox bypass style shocks for a helluva deal - but they seem to be priced as if they are filled with gold and unobtainium.

What do you guys think?
Thanks - Brandon

okay, through fapping a research i am narrowing it down a bit - i might blow my budget but im thinking about some Bilsteins or Fox's.

Someone school me on shock valving for a fullsize truck, I have read up on the subject and have a basic understanding on what the numbers mean - i just dont know what works well for these trucks.

While not adjustable I love the Edlebrock Performers that I had on the Silvy and are now on the GMC.