A-Fuso's RCSB 6.0 Build

i saw 6.0 build and was like :fuckyeah: then i saw what 6.0 :mexiokay:

came in thinking it was GM 6.0

:dissapoint:

Both of these lol.

Oh and

in-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2664.gif

for more pics.

There was two. Jaran holders and Jesse warren. Jesses truck is nasty. But I was partial to JD's and Jared's 6.4s

Jesses truck kicked ass for being a 6.0. Everyone knew going into it firepunk was gonna be hard to beat. Was hoping JD would have finished better being his home turf and all.

Got all the oil cleaned off the floor of the cab from the bad hydroboost, then added a layer of sound deadener to the floor and back wall before re-installing the vinyl floor mat last night.

If any of you guys know about 6.0 diesels I'm looking for opinions on what to do motor wise too

The normal head studs, gaskets, egr delete, oil cooler. SCT tuner with custom tunes. look into tunes from gearheads. 4 or 5" exhaust. from there it depends what kind of power you want to put down.

Jesses truck kicked ass for being a 6.0. Everyone knew going into it firepunk was gonna be hard to beat. Was hoping JD would have finished better being his home turf and all.

i was very impressed with Jesses truck, especially at altitude. proves the 6.0 still can pull its weight. if i remember correctly, firepunk had a hand in just about every dodge in the challenge, but agreed, lavon's truck is hard to beat. it was built well and the guy can drive. I agree with you, i wish JD did better but but him and Jared broke, and JD broke twice and had to trailer his truck out. Jared blew a turbo up in the drag event but fixed it and was able to drive home. every duramax flopped this year.

Got all the oil cleaned off the floor of the cab from the bad hydroboost, then added a layer of sound deadener to the floor and back wall before re-installing the vinyl floor mat last night.

If any of you guys know about 6.0 diesels I'm looking for opinions on what to do motor wise too

head studs and oem gaskets, oil cooler, coolant filtration, gear head tunes with a powermax and 30 over injectors, traction bars, no limit intake, and a trans and you will have a fun truck. definitely would suggest getting with any of the following if you need help or parts. all solid people in the industry.

Jared at River City Diesel
Mike at No Limit Fabrication
Morgan at Midwest Diesel and Auto
Craig at Maryland Performance Diesel
Josh at The Diesel Cartel

hit up powerstrokearmy.com for any and all of your needs. awesome group of people over there.

head studs and oem gaskets, oil cooler, coolant filtration, gear head tunes with a powermax and 30 over injectors, traction bars, no limit intake, and a trans and you will have a fun truck. definitely would suggest getting with any of the following if you need help or parts. all solid people in the industry.

Jared at River City Diesel
Mike at No Limit Fabrication
Morgan at Midwest Diesel and Auto
Craig at Maryland Performance Diesel
Josh at The Diesel Cartel

hit up powerstrokearmy.com for any and all of your needs. awesome group of people over there.

So far I was planning on arp studs, ford gaskets, a coolant filter, bulletproof egr cooler (rather not delete it just because of being in Ca) oil cooler. and most likely traction bars since I need to build a new set for my GMC too.

I'll look into an intake and tuning too. Not sure if I wanna do injectors or any of that since the truck has 200k+ miles on it. Still has stock trans too, but I drive gentle most the time, so I'll deal with that when it breaks.

Got the bed mounts made today, used angle iron to support it all, also plated the inside of the weld where we cut the frame.
Also need to modify the b&w gooseneck to fit and mount the bumper and a receiver hitch. The narrower frame is a bit of a hassle
afb9384a2305c7a5178f5a6070d3097e.jpg

6e0565835ae6750d0a8ca1bf74b999e1.jpg

76397e2f1329b9a6e961f00da39cbc64.jpg

And I had James do a photoshop for me, what Im hoping the truck will look like finished
cfe54f20e22099a479a4a5585564470c.jpg

Last edited:
I got the driveline shortened, ended up being 39" from outside to outside of each flange.
0c578f28b6dad7ab33c824e2232c99a6.jpg

Also picked up the cab and chassis tank last night, I think with a few mods I can make it fit back into the shortened frame

7ac1447d8f4003061df0d4a318a9c5f0.jpg

I'm looking for advice from anyone whos done this before, but i was thinking about moving the rear crossmember all the way to the end of the frame and welding it in since it wont line up to be bolted anymore, then adjusting the lower skidplate so it will bolt back into those two crossmembers again
caae00e9ac069cdfc63ce3fe9821ba0d.jpg

I finally have enough to update with. First i got the factory tank mounted into the frame. Added tabs to the front crossmember and slotted the holes so the original nut inserts would fit and slide ahead until the tank almost touched the crossmember. In the rear we plated the end of the frame with a piece of 6"x 1/4" flatbar, then welded angle iron on to bolt the other end of the factory crossmember to. The tank fits perfectly in between the frame now.
03a44c8438f4db497e46f1e830ec7fd5.jpg

e3fe9eb42ffe6640247539c3f52719c4.jpg

The filler neck has yet to been figured out, but I want to try and still fill from the door in the bed. Then I cut the fuel lines and hooked them back together with 5/16" fuel line and some hose clamps. Started the truck today and didn't see any leaks so far.
4abe4e753b227e9993e55ba6cd4b5e9b.jpg

I also took apart the factory wire loom, removed all the shitty wiring from the flatbed, then slid it all down and re-loomed the fuel sender and abs ring sensors. I will get the factory plugs for the tail lights and bumper lights and then shorten the remaining wiring and solder those on.

I need to get a new rear brake line bent up and rebuild the rear axle then I can post some driving videos hopefully in a week.
89664182645e218a3182ff68ce6472c0.jpg

Also made a mounting system for the gooseneck hitch, and ordered a class 4 c&c hitch on amazon.

Edit: please ignore the junk laying in the background of the pics, I'm doing this at our farm shop in between working on our equipment everyday to keep it all running.

Last edited:
Yes, and who gives a damn you working man

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Oh yeah and don't tell anyone but 6.0 straight piped sound gooood

Reactions: eand28
Yes, and who gives a damn you working man

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Oh yeah and don't tell anyone but 6.0 straight piped sound gooood

Ohh hell yeah they do, just has the downpipe on it, that first start was amazing...

This thing is going to be badass, can't wait to see it done. I've seen your pics on insta but its just not the same as following it on a forum.

And I have to agree powerstrokes do sound pretty mean. This ones pretty local to me (peoria, il) and I've got to watch it pull a couple times and it runs damn good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmTDa6zoOSI I know its not a rcsb but figured id share because it is a pretty badass powerstroke and it does have clawzzz

Last edited:
This thing is going to be badass, can't wait to see it done. I've seen your pics on insta but its just not the same as following it on a forum.

And I have to agree powerstrokes do sound pretty mean. This ones pretty local to me (peoria, il) and I've got to watch it pull a couple times and it runs damn good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmTDa6zoOSI I know its not a rcsb but figured id share because it is a pretty badass powerstroke and it does have clawzzz

Thanks, I'm pretty stoked to get it running and driving soon.

So my rear axle is all shot, pinion and carrier bearings are toast (tons of play in them) I can move the pinion around by hand in the housing.

Looked up parts to rebuild it, is about $500 for ring and pinion and install kit, but this truck came with an open diff, and there's small chips on the edges of the spider gears too, so I think it'd be stupid to rebuild it with that carrier, meaning another $600 for a decent aftermarket posi unit.

So looks like I'm gonna look for a lower mileage axle off craigslist and do an axle swap. Hopefully I can find a factory 3.73 posi axle and just bolt it in, maybe change the bearings depending on what it looks like

Coming together nicely.

For color-wise you could have the OEM white paint custom made into a tri-coat pearl white :corny: