adding 3" lift spindles

brandon750

Mar 24, 2012
ok guys i need some help

may be buying a set of fabtech lift spindles off a member here.

right now i have a r/c leveling kit with the shocks and all and a 1.5in BL

what im thinking is add the 3" spindles and maybe decrank some or maybe just leave it cranked up and gain 3" but i have a few concerns.

1. will my cv shafts become to short?
2. will i need new shocks?
3. will i need brake extensions?
4. i have a 5 speed manny... what will i need for that? anything?

or any other input would be great!

Thanks!

i think there might be a miscommunication there are 4wd spindle lifts but a 2wd spindle will use a different hub assembly. and the 3" 2wd spindles are for a coil truck not torsion bar have you called fabtech. i think they will give you the best answer seeing they made the part

I thought spidles were for 2wd only vehicles :think:?

Me to.... But they seem to think it will work... I even told them specifically it was a 4x4 truck and told him I had a torsion key leveling kit

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

fabtech seems to think they wont work... but said he would need a part number to make sure :shrug:

I am pretty sure that you can't man. I know that you can use 2wd spindles on coil sprung or TB setups, but they must be 2wd...like on Fabtech's site they don't list a 4wd spindle and on the ones for a Tahoe/Yukon (same ones as for 2wd truck) it says they WILL NOT fit on AWD versions

i think there might be a miscommunication there are 4wd spindle lifts but a 2wd spindle will use a different hub assembly. and the 3" 2wd spindles are for a coil truck not torsion bar have you called fabtech. i think they will give you the best answer seeing they made the part

Brian and This got it.

2wd have different hubs, as well as coils vs tbars.

Yeah I understand that. I was just mislead into thinking they would work

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk