Adding a transmission cooler w/factory lines

Tiki

Jan 23, 2011
Currently my 2007 Tahoe does not have a secondary GM equipped transmission cooler. I'm planning on adding a tru-cool 40K like I did on my 04 (that had an AUX transmission cooler). On the 04 I was able to utilize the factory hardliners to work which is what I'm hoping to do again on the 07. I've tracked down the two lines I think I'll need from the below diagram to replace my current lines.

080327TC04-946.JPG

Now that I've got the lines I crawled under to check there routing and I'm at a loss. Has anyone ever pulled factory lines off the tranny? I'm physically not understanding how ones hands get in there and remove those fakin pesky clips! Suggestions? I'd take it to a transmission shop but I don't trust shops to mix match factory and aftermarket.

Only lines I've replaced were duramax trans lines on nbs an nnbs. Easiest way to get the clips out is a pocket screw driver (flat tip) or a 90 degree pic.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

Take out the clips. Be careful they fly I suggest picking up a few before you start. They pull the old lines out . Putting them in is a bit trickier. You have to reach over blindly and get the clips back in. It's not bad honestly if you have little patience and some mechanical ability. Use a 90 pic like suggested. To install keep pressure on the line inwards find the slot and push down.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk