another wheel dilemma

WildChevys

In Valor There Is Hope
Sep 3, 2013
New Jersey
I've run into another fucking wheel dilemma and I need some input. All of my Gear 737v's are peeling VERY badly including the one I just had replaced. I've finally accepted the fact you just cant run any type of mirrored finish wheel year around in the northeast. I'm going to warranty the Gears and have some options. which is where I need the help.

I can either get some 20x10 BMF Death Metal SOTA's and run them year around (even though I swore off BMF I love em) and I did a shitty photoshop:

OR I can run something like a black Gear Challenger or black Predator in the winter:
gear_737bm_challenger_black_milled_210_8l_386.jpg

and run Preds in the summer:
ultra_286_287_6bolt_386.gif

or possibly Hostile Havocs or Exile's in the summer.

I won't get AF's because I refuse to pay that much money for a wheel I can only run 7-8 months out of the year, and with a x10 size fuel's lips aren't deep enough since I'd like a 5" lip.

So am I better off running the BMF's all year or doing black gears in winter and chrome preds or hostiles in the summer?

Please no black wheels all year round. Buy a set of black wheels/tires off of CL for winter and put the money towards a good set of summer wheels (not BMF's, remember all the shit you went through!)

I like the preds, only seen one or two sets in person, so it isn't played out til you get online.

I like the Exile's, but that center cap is god awful.

Just find some polished 20x10s to run, winter it won't kill them and they can be brought back to life anytime.

Please no black wheels all year round. Buy a set of black wheels/tires off of CL for winter and put the money towards a good set of summer wheels (not BMF's, remember all the shit you went through!)

I like the preds, only seen one or two sets in person, so it isn't played out til you get online.

I like the Exile's, but that center cap is god awful.

I DEFINITELY remember all the issues ive had with BMF. I like the SOTA's I just don't know if they match and I'm not sure how much faith I have in them in the winter. I may keep these shitty gears on till march then order some 20x10 Preds and then once fall approaches look for some cheap 20s to throw on.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Just find some polished 20x10s to run, winter it won't kill them and they can be brought back to life anytime.

I've talked to guys that run AF's all year in snowy winter climates and they all bitch about how much of a headache it is to bring the wheels back to life. I'm guessing close to a day per wheel. I really just don't have that kind of time anymore with 2 kids. I love AF's but it's not practical

This is true lol. What about something like methods or machine finished wheels just for winter?

Paint current wheels black for winter, get fuels for summer

You want a big lip, run an x12
You don't want chipping paint or chrome, run a polished wheel.
You don't want to polish a polished wheel? Deal with chipping cheap wheels.
See the pattern?

You want a big lip, run an x12
You don't want chipping paint or chrome, run a polished wheel.
You don't want to polish a polished wheel? Deal with chipping cheap wheels.
See the pattern?

I can get a 5" lip on a x10 which is perfect for me
I don't mind chrome, I just wont run it in winter
I don't want to spend literally days polishing wheels with 2 kids to take care of
worst case i'll run cheap black wheels in winter and a pred or some other chrome wheel in summer. I wouldn't mind AF's at all, but I'm not payin 2gs for 8 months out of the year

My Havocs are doing well so far. My brother (@2Wheelin') just pre-ordered 20x10 PVD Hostile Exiles. They won't be in til late April/early May.

Idk how well it'd hold up but once you find a good set maybe try a really really thick coat of plasti-dip for winter? Idk how it'd hold up to y'alls harsh conditions but it's an idea...maybe try it on the ones you've got now to see :shrug:

**or get nice wheels for summer, keep what you have and strip/paint them for winter