Anyone know anything about the gmc syclone

Richardschnee

Jan 15, 2014
www.facebook.com
Im about to buy a syclone that was in a fresh water flood the car has 13k miles on it im wondering what i need to do to restore this beauty

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

If it was a flood vehicle plan on minimum of gutting the interior to dry it out and changing fluids, depending on how deep the water was. If the water stayed below the dash most of the electronics could have survived but plan on a lot of electrical gremlins. If it were me I would change all the fluids(I wouldn't start it or anything until after new fluids), pull the interior and start going through electrical system.

Yup.

At least it was fresh water... salt water? FUCK THAT

A guy I know just bought a 2010 Nissan GTR for 9 grand... Flood damage, apparently from Jersey area. He's so fucked because every electronic component will be corroded to fuck.

I had a car that was flooded in Katrina. I had to replace all the fluids, new starter ,alternator , ecm, battery cables, every light bulb and fuse in the car was blown. Also had to replace both window motors and lock actuators. I didn't replace any wiring (other than battery cables) but I probably should have. I cleaned all the connections pretty good and sprayed with anti corrosion spray. I changed the oil lime 7-8 times before it stopped frothing up. It had to circulate through the engine and get all the water out.
I eventually sold the car a few years later because the rust was starting to take over.
But Katrina was salt water. I don't think it would have been so bad if it was all fresh water.

It's the salt that speeds the corrosion. As long as everything is dry. You should be OK rust wise.

Sent from my igloo using my SGS4 eh.

my buddies only has 24k miles and is not flooded out...I wouldn't pay more than a few grand for it, regardless of what it "could" be worth. No one will even get close to giving you what it's worth since it's flooded! You could just build and s-10 that's a bit newer, cleaner, and faster for the money you may invest with this!

So is that all you are wanting to know? That is going to be based on how much real damage there is, and how much you can fix yourself.

my buddies only has 24k miles and is not flooded out...I wouldn't pay more than a few grand for it, regardless of what it "could" be worth. No one will even get close to giving you what it's worth since it's flooded! You could just build and s-10 that's a bit newer, cleaner, and faster for the money you may invest with this!

So is that all you are wanting to know? That is going to be based on how much real damage there is, and how much you can fix yourself.

truth