anyone regret a blow thru?

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
I'm thinking about a blow thru setup in my 88 when I put a stereo in it. I wondered if anyone that has had one regrets doing it. I don't plan on ever using the bed once its done.

I'm thinking about a blow thru setup in my 88 when I put a stereo in it. I wondered if anyone that has had one regrets doing it. I don't plan on ever using the bed once its done.

It's a 1988 truck so it's not like you are killing any value. I did it in my 94 and the sound was ridiculously loud with 2 15" subs.

Can get plenty loud in a console for a rcsb IMO. I'm going to be running buckets and a console with a single ported 10 or 12. Fuck hacking up my first truck personally. I'll be slammed, Ls swapped, probably on coilovers with color matched Bedliner, and still keep my bed useable, even with 2 other trucks :yarly:

I had one in my Nissan years ago with three JL 12s. It pounded like crazy, never hauled anything in the bed anyway so space in the bed wasn't an issue for me.

Real spl guys dont use trucks
Vans and hatchbacks. No lie.
With that being said dont cut that shit for that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

DNW blow thru. I'm building a "console" for street beat 1 with 4 DD 8's. Got everything drawn up in sketchup just need to finish the rest of the truck and interior before I build.

Real spl guys dont use trucks
Vans and hatchbacks. No lie.
With that being said dont cut that shit for that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Is he trying to build a spl vehicle with 16 12s in a 4th order bandpass?.......

Ray at audio innovations built a spl vehicle in a truck as well as tommy mckinnie also known as the king of bass, 4 time world champion

Blowthrough gives you a better set up box for ported or bandpass stups but needs to be done perfect, no leaks, box weatherproofed, etc.

I want to keep the bench, well actually obs suburban buckets and nnbs jumpseat. Thinking sealed box with 4 10s and put the amps under the seats now maybe

I ran a ported bed for a couple years in the rcsb. Was cool until I grew up

not sure you still care about this, but I have a 2001 reg. cab short bed and if you are into your car audio like i am, the blow thru is the only way to go. I had one with just 1 18" but now i am in process of putting in 4 15's in a 4th order. can't wait to hear it and I never regret cutting the gaping hole in back wall for it. Only way to get loud imo in reg. cab. gotta do it right tho or it will haunt you!

So do the Phalanx (CIWS)...:cheeky:

I just don't think it's worth it for a normal, every day guy.

In before the "it isn't a DD, get sponsors", etc

I did a blow thru in 2 trucks now. first one was my rcsb s10 and it was two 12's in a 4th order bandpass and it was nice, but I was 16. so it could have sounded like dog shit but it was loud, so I thought it was bad.
next truck was the rcsb Silverado when I was 19. started with a l7 15. It was loud but had no real range. I had learned what sounded good in those 4 years from doing a ported 12W7 and 1000/1 in a fully dynamatted s10 blazer. sold the l7 15 and ported the truck bigger with 4 12W3v3's and a 1000/1. it was loud, went a few competitions, and banged the shit out of it for about a year. and went chasing again for better sound instead of being ridiculously loud and I wanted to bag the truck. went to 2 12W6v2's and the same amp and got what I wanted, but hated having no bed and running the bedcover.

So I sealed the cab back up and went to a single 12W3v3 and a 500/5 running my C5 components and putting 250 to the sub in a ported box and have never been happier. I'm actually wanting to go down to a sealed 10W6 to see if I cant get more range.

do I regret porting my cab? no. it's just metal, weld it back up and its done. What I regret is not waiting longer before deciding to do it. car audio return money if you ever decide to change is extremely low, just like any other electronics.