anyone regret a blow thru?

been thinking about it hard. i have a l7 13 d1.5. cutting the metal doesnt bother me just getting leaks does.

if you use rtv silicone and rubber accordian boot like RV's have. you shouldn't have any issues. with it leaking. I've never had an issue with leaking on the setups I've done.

I did a blow thru in 2 trucks now. first one was my rcsb s10 and it was two 12's in a 4th order bandpass and it was nice, but I was 16. so it could have sounded like dog shit but it was loud, so I thought it was bad.
next truck was the rcsb Silverado when I was 19. started with a l7 15. It was loud but had no real range. I had learned what sounded good in those 4 years from doing a ported 12W7 and 1000/1 in a fully dynamatted s10 blazer. sold the l7 15 and ported the truck bigger with 4 12W3v3's and a 1000/1. it was loud, went a few competitions, and banged the shit out of it for about a year. and went chasing again for better sound instead of being ridiculously loud and I wanted to bag the truck. went to 2 12W6v2's and the same amp and got what I wanted, but hated having no bed and running the bedcover.

So I sealed the cab back up and went to a single 12W3v3 and a 500/5 running my C5 components and putting 250 to the sub in a ported box and have never been happier. I'm actually wanting to go down to a sealed 10W6 to see if I cant get more range.

do I regret porting my cab? no. it's just metal, weld it back up and its done. What I regret is not waiting longer before deciding to do it. car audio return money if you ever decide to change is extremely low, just like any other electronics.

sealed for the win. the range on my setup is amazing, fiberglassed the box up into the bottom of the rear bench to gain a little airspace made a world of difference. ported can be loud as shit, but I'll take a sealed sq setup over that anyday. just my .02

sorry thread is alittle old.

i have a blow through with 2 18s and after my frame is notched i will begin a walk through and wall off my 04 rclb

my only regret is using accordian boot!