AVOID LSX POWERSPORTS IN MANSFIELD collected money and wont help customer now

DIRTY TBSS

Dirty TBSS
Sep 5, 2012
Carrollton, TX
Im said customer and im out on motor and looks like trans as well, i have contacted Chris at LSX powersports on facebook, text, phone calls and voicemails and nothing in return but a facebook comment to call during business hours. I spent over 5k at this shop and i have had my tbss down since march time frame, started with less than 20-30 miles motor spun rod bearing number 5 & 6 and main 3. i drained oil which i was told was new which it was dark black and looked like oil with thousands of miles on it. so i decided to pull motor myself since he wouldnt accept it was his fault when the motor only had 4000 miles on it. as i took the truck apart we noticed trans leaking, spark plug wires left unplugged, broken header bolt which he used gasket maker to seal without contacting me on this. also i paid for ceramic coated pacesetter headers which he ordered me painted headers instead thinking i wouldnt know the difference. As i continue with this tear down i take the trans back to have leak fixed he said was on warranty and to this day it still is leaking and since he wont contact me back i will also have to get trans rebuilt out of my pocket as well. i had motor rebuilt since crank was destroyed. heres few pics from tear down. i had a cam which i supplied installed with springs and rods, headers and full exhaust done, stall and 80e swap.

http://s1273.photobucket.com/albums/y405/D1rTy87/

Last edited:
Seems to be the trend. One of your friends vouched for them for the longest. I almost had them do some of my work. I'm glad I held out. Taking them to court?

Id like to hear both sides to this story before i cast a judgement

What's the other side of the story? He's stating what he found, what he didn't get that he was supposed to, and that someone won't return communique's. Not exactly a "He said she said" situation like "Well HE started it!". :imo:

I give OP props though, first rant that I've seen where OP is cool headed about the situation. Usuaully a lot of "Fuck you's" and "He's an asshole" floating around.

He called me this morning once i saw this on ls1tech, gave me few excuses that he had a death in family and recently moved shops, i still dont believe over 4 months no contacting me back covers that but o well. i still really have no hard evidence the motor blew cause of him so i really cant keep blaming but for the rest of the services i paid for he has said he will fix trans and do whatever it takes to get me back rolling. Funny how the internet forums work huh?