Bad caliper piston?

Jose.

Loves tacos
Mar 11, 2012
Runaway Bay (N.TX)
Whenever i hit my brakes it feels as if I am trying to stop in the snow. I can the problem is coming from the drivers side. A guy at work said the caliper may have a bad piston? Is it possible to replace just the piston or am i looking at replacing the whole caliper? Thanks dudes.

What happens, does the it feel like the ABS is comming on and the truck is skidding?

Only issue you run into with a leaking is Leaking or seized...LEaking would give a low or creeping pedal, Seized, wouldnt feel much different to the average person

Yah this isn't a Hydraulic problem, you have an issue with a wheel speed sensor. If you have access to a scanner with data feed that would be great. If not, Then start cleaning abs/wheel speed sesnors on Hub. Your issue is the truck is losing wheel speed and throwing ABS on.

The ABS light doesn't come on at all. Wouldn't I be able to feels the abs all around if its a speed sensor? On a hard stop I can tell the drivers side is at fault cause it pulls me to the right. I'll clean the connections and reprt back

Forgot bout this but yeah, I tried cleaning the speed sensor connection and that didnt work so I replaced the whole thing and its fixed. I think I need a new hub though. Felt some play while I had the front jacked up