Choosing HIDS

How terrible will they glare and blind the shit outta people in a stock housing?
Also, is there any problems with keeping auto headlights when you run hids?

Last edited:
I have 10,000K and the glare is fucking ridiculous with stock halogen housing. I get flashed a few times a night.

I haven't had a problem with the Auto Headlights and the HIDs since if my truck is in gear, they come on. I really do hate automatic headlights (DRLs) with HIDs cuz sometimes my passenger one doesn't come on and I can't tell during the day unless im behind someone.

I got mine from SimplyHIDkits.com. They are the generic chinese brand that are usually sold in numerous different packaging by different places.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm happy with my trs hids. They are nice zero problems since I have used them (about a month or two). I usually just bought ebay and they would last me about a year, or year and a half.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I can get them at his cost for like $25 a set so I might try them out. Plus he said they offer him a year warranty on them and he has a bunch instock. Might just give it a shot. Question though, can you run the 55 watt bulbs with a 35 watt ballast or no?

nope, itll flicker

What company is everybody using now that v-leds is discontinuing their line? I've never tried DDM, but hear they're bad now, and I personally have spencer's and V-hids on my truck, just asking for my cousin who wants some.

Where is the best place to buy just bulbs? I need to get some for the GMC, I have plenty ballasts already.

yes DO NOT use DDM. I didnt know vleds discontinued their line...Id go with HIDgate.

Is HIDgate still on ebay somewhere? Can't seem to find them anymore.

**edit**
found them but have no items for sale. :iamdisappoint:

Where is the best place to buy just bulbs? I need to get some for the GMC, I have plenty ballasts already.

This. My ballasts work fine but I want to move down to 6000k. 10000k is ridiculous for all the country roads I drive at night.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Anyone know a good and decent priced kit? Seems like everyone I have used before has gone down hill or not selling them anymore. Im tired of messing with these cheap ass ebay kits.

What color are you running? I cant decide between 5k and 6k with colors being so different between different companies

12k vvme using for over a year or two now no problems.

I never get flashed because I aimed them down and I can still see at night / in the rain.

I had to get 808s I think or w/e the closest ones were at the time and just splice the wires. No problems still.