Chris G's 1967 C10 Thread

Chris.G.Jr.

Apr 29, 2012
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Well I have had the truck for almost 4 years and its been a great truck! My dad and I got the truck from my dads friend for like 4500 truck would run somewhat but a little rough, big plus was its a #s matching original truck (except the color).

The truck has:
327 Small Block Chevrolet
2 speed Powerglide transmission
Flow-tech Headers to i believe 2.5 inch piping to Dual Flowmaster 40 series mufflers to 2.5 inch tailpipe exiting behind rear tires
Edelbrock valve covers and air cleaner cover
it had some sort of a cam think it was an RV cam or something
I believe it has a Holley 670 Carburetor
2 inch leveling blocks in the back

here are pics of the day it we got it home

Last edited:
Drove it to school junior year and i was fully backed out of a parking spot in broad sight and was starting to pull away and WHAM some rich B!TCH in a range rover plowed into the bed, spun the truck a quarter turn and bent the frame and dented the bedside, broke taillamp lense, bent taillamp, (not the bulbs tho lol) split the bumper and cut the bedside from where the bumper caved in.

I get out and yell are you fucking kidding me! then the lady got out and said "sorry i wasnt paying attention" smdh insurance blamed me, oh well got it fixed for the most part for free

just scratched the bumper, cracked bumper, broke the fog light surrounding trim EASY FIXES could easily plastic repair the bumper and just have to repaint that small part and blend it

I was enrolled in a Vo-tech class for auto collision repair and my teacher fixed the frame and some of the dent at no charge!

where frame bent

the day i got it back i drove around burning a whole tank of gas lol missed the hell out of not driving it for about 3 months, teacher got it done right before chrismas break SUCCESS

Last edited:
The truck always had a lifter tap, as time went on things started wearing out and it was burning oil and running rough so finally we tear the original motor down and are in the process of a rebuild

Nothing special just:

New Cam
New Gaskets
New Oil Pump
New Plugs
Accel Plug Wires
Accel Distributor Cap and Rotor
MSD Ignition Coil
Installing Brake Booster (previously owned never installed)
New Timing Chain Set

Heres some pics started 8-04-13

Truck is at my moms friends house so its only being worked on on weekends.

DAY ONE
Loaded Up

hood pulled engine out

DAY TWO 8-18-13

good progress

Thanks man! all it really needs cosmetically is a new wood bed kit and a passenger bedside, since the current one it completely crease where the tail light is, i would really like to run the led tails and led turns on this but im kinda going against it bc i dont want to take to much of the originality away from it

ahhh yeah man i want a shortwide so bad but they are so hard to find just as hard to find as an original truck! i wanna change things on this but at the same time i dont wanna take the originality away from it

Meh its been painted and wrecked, cut that bitch down to a shorty, the bedside won't be original anyway.

Meh its been painted and wrecked, cut that bitch down to a shorty, the bedside won't be original anyway.

yeah but the fact of it originally came as a long bed and everything else is numbers matching and original i plan to get it painted the original color and keep it original, unfortunately the mod bug bit me and i want to do mods to it but dont want to ruin the originality....

Here os a little update somewhat

I'm not 100% genius on motors so idk every single piece yet...so please bear with me
here is the OLD cam and the OLD lifters "disassembled in bags"

Anyone got input on this? These two aren't the same anyone have a reasoning why theyd be different?

Side note
picked up a oil dipstick last night and got a set of wire looms to hold the wires away from the headers.

looking good so far. That truck is my dream project!

thanks man! ive always been a fan of the 67-72 gm trucks my all time favorite front end is the 71-72 chevy grill like this, i so badly want to build one and have a supercharged lq9 in it!

Definitely looking forward to the progress of your build man!
thanks! i'm not entirely sure on what all will be done to it as far as drastic mods like swaps and whatnot, it will probably just end up being returned to factory since it has the original drivetrain. Don't really want to take the originality away from it with all the new fancy leds and aftermarket parts, although id really like one built custom!

well here it is guys, sorry its been a bit since ive updated this. finally finished it on Sept 2nd and brought it home, but it still wasnt running 100% right, (we had tried getting new carb gaskets and tried tweaking the carb and nothing worked), so we took it back to our buddies house and all he did was put the old original carb., (that came with the truck when it was bought) back on it and it fired up and idled great.

onto pics
Got the heads back and started reassembling the motor.

manifold on

ready to go in (heads painted) only problem we had was the driver side motor mount was being a b*tch and wasnt lining up......