Classic car buy.

TaylorHintz

Jan 20, 2014
So my friend is saying it isn't worth the money to buy A "1953 Chevy P/U truck, 5 window custom classic. It's 95% restored. No rust. It drives. "1972 250ci straight six, bored 0.004". Half of it is painted yellow but front fender and hood are ready for paint. It cost only $7,500. What do you think? He's pissing me off saying it cost like one grand and that it is a rip off.
a7yvavuj.jpg

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

He's done a complete frame repair on it. Stripped down to bare metal, got rid of rust. I feel like it's a goos buy.

It's a good buy cause it's a classic. No rust. Classic. It's the original engine.

Is the yellow paint any good? And I'd also say it depends on how the motor runs. Just because it's bored doesn't mean it's been taken care of.
And just because the guy says he did full resto doesn't mean it's right.

Sight unseen, maybe 5k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, hard to judge someone's idea of "restored" I'd want to see it in persona and pick it apart with a fine tooth comb. LOTS of people out there like to cut corners. Fuck when I was younger I was one of them. I learned quick, do it once, do it right.

Get more pics up and you'll get better responses.

It's a good buy cause it's a classic. No rust. Classic. It's the original engine.

How is it the original engine if the truck is a 53 and the engine is a 72?

He was explaining to me in a confusing way. That he just switched parts on it. Or just switched the numbers

He was explaining to me in a confusing way. That he just switched parts on it. Or just switched the numbers

It's not an original motor then...promise you. I'm not saying the truck is garbage, it's just not worth that much to me. The only reason id even say 5k is if it was 100% rust free. I'm sure the paint needs to be redone, so just because half the truck is painted, you can't really add that to what the truck is worth. Do you have any interior shots?